Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val Thorens

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

Off to VT this coming Saturday, was wondering if anyone has any recommendations on cheap places to buy food and beers, We are on a pretty tight budget so will probably only eat out once an cook in the flat the rest of the time, will be taking a few things over like coffee etc. We are going to be staying in the Centre Station apartments, anyone stayed in these?.

Can't wait!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Are you going out with a tour operator, or driving out there? If possible its much better to go shopping in the supermarkets at the bottom of the valley in Moutiers (especially for beers, much cheaper). Its always much cheaper to fill the cupboards from down the valley than the shops in resort, if you can.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
TO im afraid so no stocking up sadly. Any decent places to get a decent size burger or sub for a decent price for lunch. Will make sarnies most days but can be nice to have something hot if the weather is brassic! The Spa in Le Lac Tignes did some mega sub burger things for about 7 euros. Little Angel
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I only got over to VT 3 or 4 times last season so I'm no expert on it. The Frog & Roast Beef pub in resort did a decent burger, although not that cheap. But there was a really good snack bar just at the top of the covered magic carpet lift in resort (think the lift is called Retour). It used to be our regular stop off, if you get an "Americain" its a whopping great baguette filled with a couple of burgers and fries, more than enough for a huge lunch! Pretty sure that cost about 7 or 8 euros.

For cooking in the apartment you also might find it a benefit to take out with you things like packet spice mixes, for example for a chili, bolognaise, curry or something like that. Much cheaper over here and unlike taking over your whole spice cabinet they won't take up much room. Bear. in mind SC accommodation in ski resorts is typically rather basic, so you're best off sticking with one pot wonders. If you fancy getting a takeaway, pizza will typically cost around 10 - 12 euros or so.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Planning on taking spices etc, that American burger sounds the same as the ones we had in Tignes which were also called the American, BIG EAT! Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The place of which Dav speaks is the legendary Val Burger!
As referred to in such classic lines as, "l'Oxalys fully booked? Val Burger it is then!"

Another good spot is the bakery in Rue de Soleil. Honestly priced croissants, bread, filled rolls etc. coffee too.
It's close to the Village Montana and if you spot the back route U can ski to just across the road from it.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Will try to find this place and sample the Val Burger. Cheers for the info.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
[quote= a decent size burger or sub :[/quote]

The burgers in the Frog are good, the chili one being my favourite. (Say Hi to Alice behind the bar wink )

And just a few doors down from the Frog is a new Subway outlet. Although I didn't eat there there was usually a queue which might be a good sign.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Good value meals at Saint Peres at the top of the resort. Less chavvy and better food than a burger.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
When I lived in VT we used to rent a Raclette machine from the Sherpa supermarket. It was around 8€ per person and you got all the cheese, charcuterie (cold cuts), potatoes... It is such a fun evening without having to pay restaurant prices and still getting your cheese-fix!

Our favourite restaurant was La Paillote in the Caron shopping centre, the pizzas and salads are amazing. It is not super-cheap but worth the money!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The Raclette rental sounds good!, will have a look into that. I was looking online for snowboard/ski servicing and came across Zenith ski shop, anyone used these guys for servicing. Will be waxing my board before i go but fancy a tune up through the week.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy