Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowboarding in New Zealand while backpacking

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

I will be backpacking in New Zealand from July to October 2013. I really want to learn how to snowboard while out for for a few weeks but was wandering if there are any resorts/companies etc which are geared towards backpackers? I have clothes but will need cheap accommodation, equipment hire and lessons.

Any help or experiences would be greatly appreciated!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I skied whilst backpacking in Queenstown. There are loads of tour operators who will offer things day long ski trips and longer for relatively cheap. I think we paid about £80 each for coach transport, hire of all clothing (jacket, pants, goggles, helmet, gloves, socks, boots, skis and poles) and lift passes for a day. I seem to remember subsequent days being a lot cheaper. Also a lot of the hostels will be able to sort this out for you as well. We skied at Cardrona which is nearer to Wanaka than Queenstown. If you have skied in Europe though, don't expect NZ to be any thing like this, its a lot smaller in scale. Hope this helps
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for the info, much appreciated! By any chance do you know of the best hostels for snowboarding and which company you went through?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
dunney77, I expect all the hostels would be good - in the winter Queenstown is a huge winter sports resort, so everything will be geared towards it.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yeah any of the major hostels all have travel agent desks that will book it all for you, they all book it through the same few companies that offer skiing. I stayed in Base Hostel and I had mates that stayed in a Nomads and we all got offered the same sort of deals.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy