Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Greece: Parnassos and elsewhere 2012/13

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Weather is cooling again and there will be snow even in the northern suburbs of Athens this coming week. The snow in the mountains has been packing up for the last couple of weeks and it is enjoyable now in almost all Greek ski centres.

Parnassos has over 130cm of snow everywhere on the mountain and this is enough to cover all but the largest rocks. The last snowfall before the snowstorms which are expected anytime now were in the beginning of the last week. The nearby sea brings of course lots of salty air on top of the snow whenever there's a longer time from fresh now packing it tighter than it otherwise would be.

Here is a little video of what the mountain backside looked last Wednesday, 2 January.

http://youtube.com/v/Ib54Jx887lE
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thanks for that.

Looks like some fabulous terrain.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
That looks wonderful, when we finally make the permanent move to Greece, we shall certainly be visiting Parnassos
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Wow! Knew there was skiing in Greece, but really didn't think it look that nice.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The infrastructure is a bit old and dodgy - slow, limited and sometimes not very well maintained. However, next season 2013-14 should bring a change to this as some of the key lifts of the ski centre are due to be replaced and further investments are going to be made.

If you ever spend a few days in Athens over the winter time, want to visit Delphoi and have a weekend for yourselves, drop by Arachova and Parnassos. It might well be worth it!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I love the modern world. A Finn, skiing in Greece, posting stoke on a UK-based website.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Indeed. Modern times, so good. Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I spent New Year there a few years ago, my Greek father-in-law has a house in Delphi, and we have friends in Amfiklia

I was really pleasantly surprised by the skiing, and coupled with tourist visits to the amazing sites in Delphi and Meteora, and eating fresh fish by the sea in a taverna in nearby Galaxidi, it made for a great trip.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

However, next season 2013-14 should bring a change to this as some of the key lifts of the ski centre are due to be replaced and further investments are going to be made

err, with what money?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I understand that they actually already had purchased these before, but there has been an issue with the permits to extend the lift network (archeological and environmental permits are hard to get in Greece). How much money from the EU or related funds are involved, I cannot tell.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy