Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Planes,Trains and Automobiles.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
For various reasons, our teenagers (15 and 17), are unable to drive down to the Alps with us this Christmas, so we have booked them onto a flight to Paris, and a sleeper train to Briancon, where we wil meet them the following morning. Total cost £127, £60 flights, £67 sleeper. It also means a 10 minute drive to collect them from the train, and they can be on the slopes almost immediately. Has anyone used the sleeper to Briancon before? I know someone did ask about it but can't find the thread. They even get to check out the chicks in Paris, and have a meal before the train departs.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Helen Beaumont, And the dog? Does he go with you and hubby or the boys?!! Razz
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Helen Beaumont, you reckon they'll make it? I think at 17, faced with the options of 1. a ski holiday or 2. an awkward explanation of why I didn't arrive and had a missing week in paris with some gauloise smoking, brandy drinking femme fatale...

No offense intended whatsoever to your boys!

...and more seriously, I haven't used that particular route but I did overnight from Toulouse to Geneva in March and it was fine. Make sure they carry plenty of water & snacks as availability can be a bit iffy on board. Also, they'll be in 2nd class? so they'll be 4 other people in the couchette (assuming it's that kind of service?). I felt a lot more comfortable with my rucksack as a pillow and passport/wallet, etc. secreted in it. Any light fingered fellow travellers would have had to physically roll me out of bed to get at them and I'm a light sleeper. All in all it's a surprisingly civilised experience and rather a fun one to boot.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Helen Beaumont,

Sounds a very good deal to me. If they can get on the the plane and get to Gard Du Lyon then the ride should be a doddle.
If it is a friday the sleeper will be chocker as well. The guards come round regularly on these trains for tickets anyway.

Hope they don't snore..!!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
JT, if they get to the Gare de LYon, they'll not make the train at all as it leaves fron Austerlitz. They're travelling on a Wednesday.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Mouth, the dog goes with us of course!!!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Helen Beaumont, Woof woof!!!! Laughing Laughing
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
However, if we fancy a lie in, it could be planes, trains and autobus, as they can get on the skibus at the station!!!!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Helen Beaumont,

Knew it would be one or those two, bu I don't have a time table, but the same applies...
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Now all I need to do is find that Metro Map I have somewhere.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Helen Beaumont, try http://www.webscapades.com/france/paris/metro.htm
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Well, this is all booked now, and less than 3 weeks away. All I need to do now is find them a reasonable place to eat not too far off their route through Paris.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy