Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

1st Time family holiday

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all

Hopefully some of you wise snowheads can help me.

I may of finally persuaded some of my family to come skiing with me this year for what would be their first time so I am looking for some advise on where to go.

Some impoertant things would be-

Good ski school and good area to progess as 6 of the party would be complete beginners.
Somewhere not to expansize be fantastic to get it for less than £750 all in per person.
A good vibrant resort.
Looking for mid march so doesnt have to be to high but some austrian resorts might be tricky.
Party would be 4 people between the ages of 17-20, 2 in 30's and 2 in 40's.

I was leaning towards Italy as this seems to tick most of the boxes maybe livigno?. also altogether there will be 8 of us so a chalet might be a good idea and not sure if this is allowed but could anyone recommand someone with an apartment capeable of sleeping 8 in a good resort.
I was considering Andorra as I learned to ski there and have good memories of the place and I know the ski school is fantastic but I would prefer a resort that has a more ski feel to it if that makes sense and one where you can get decent food on the mountain.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sat 5-01-13 19:48; edited 3 times in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Vintageryan, lots of folks will be along shortly to offer their view, but budget, skiing/snowboard levels will help.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ok thanks for the heads up have edited.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
What age are the children involved (I am assuming there are as you say first time family holiday)?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Updated again, Thankyou.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
In midMarch for France Montgenevre would be my choice, it's reasonably high with good snow record, cheap pass, reasonable in resort costs and loads of easy flattering greens and blues. can recommend these guys if you don't mind sorting your own flights: http://www.zenithholidays.co.uk/france/montgenevre

La plagne is good for beginners, but can be expensive pass and incidentals: http://www.igluski.com/plagne-soleil/chalet-alpages_p31041?holidayid=46614718 < one of a set of chalets with bogof lift passes which would help with costs a lot. Good ski schools.

In Italy perhaps Cervinia? Keeps the snow well, easy slopes, high, cheap beginner pass. Not been to livingo but agree looks the right thing on paper.

hope that helps start the ball rolling...

aj xx
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Have a look at folgarida italy. we are going half term with kids and it works out not too expensive as tuition and local lift pass are included in the price. Good slopes for beginners. English company folgarida ski run it.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi

Why dont you give us an email, we could help with what you are looking for, with 7 seasons under our belt and we now rank 2nd out of 10126 chalets on Trip advisor, we could help with ski school, lift passes, ski hire, transfer from Geneva airport and much more.

Just email me at info@alpine-connection.com , with details of group size and I will get back to you (www.alpine-connection.com)

Kind Regards

Paolo
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:
Somewhere not to expansize be fantastic to get it for less than £750 all in per person.

Does that include equipment hire, lift pass and lessons or purely catered accomodation?

Mid-March anywhere should be fine.

If you want "vibrant" I suspect you are looking at Austria. Ischgl perhaps.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
La rosiere, 150km piste , good Independant chalet , www.amountainchalet.com. Run by Tim and Becky , offer airport transfers, all at reasonable price, took my kids there for there first time , one boarded one on skis. Small groups in ski school .
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy