Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Sunday

Poster: A snowHead
Quick one, does it exist anymore? Nothing I can find on the BBC website, but they could simply have all been too busy firing each other. Hoped for Kitzsbuhel and Wengen at least.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
twoodwar, Looks like it

http://sport-onthebox.com/2013/01/02/winter-sports-ski-sunday-returns-for-the-2013-season-on-bbc-two/
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
twoodwar, Ski Sunday is pretty pointless for watching the racing anyhow. They have missed the first 4 DH races in the World cup (Lake Louise, Beaver Creek, Val Gardena & Bormio) There are only 4 more left in Wengen, Kitzbuhel, Garmisch & Kvitfjell, Plus the World Champs at Schladming & World Cup final in Lenzerheide. They only show around 5 mins of the race with Graham Bell doing a lot of talking. It appears that they will only be starting on 13th Jan showing up to and including the World champs on 18th Feb. It means you won't see Garmisch, Kvitfjell or the World Cup finals, Not to mention all the other Super G, GS or Slalom races - so won't even know won the crystal globe in any events, Men or women. Total waste of time even broadcasting it! If you want to watch Alpine ski racing (or any skiing) you have to get Eurosport or Eurosport player on your PC. All the races from both Men & women are shown live and also repeated at other times.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cheers cad99uk, good to know. Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Already watch Eurosport plugboy. Ski sunday has a little nostalga value for me, I go back to David Vine, One piece suits (for men!), and when Nevica was a top brand! Appreciate your point of view though, am getting into 'Tour de Ski' Smile
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
twoodwar, Yep it used to be great with David Vine. I started to watch it in my early teens and loved it even though I didn't learn to ski until I was 32!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Plugboy wrote:
If you want to watch Alpine ski racing (or any skiing) you have to get Eurosport or Eurosport player on your PC. All the races from both Men & women are shown live and also repeated at other times.

Oh no they're not! At least not on Brit Eurosport. Tomorrow, whereas you lucky Europeans have 70 mins of the Ladies Slalom Ist leg live. We have ...... tennis.

But even you don't get the 2nd leg live. Just 15 mins of highlights before the snooker starts at 19.15,

We, on the other hand, just get 60 mins of highlights of both legs combined. But not until 22.30 rolling eyes

Of, course if the tennis/snooker/anything else overruns we get nothing.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Died with David Vine
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Woohoo, back on next Sunday!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006v8fc
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
twoodwar wrote:
Already watch Eurosport plugboy. Ski sunday has a little nostalga value for me, I go back to David Vine, One piece suits (for men!), and when Nevica was a top brand! Appreciate your point of view though, am getting into 'Tour de Ski' Smile

Kastle was the top brand surely......... Laughing
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Don't forget Ski Sunday (better than nothing) is back on today !
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Love Ski Sunday but the BBC somehow need to realise that the WC circuit starts in October / November ...
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

Kastle was the top brand surely.........

I think they smoke about as Nordica now Cool
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

Woohoo, back on next Sunday!

thanks for that, Ricklovesthepowder, that's just what I need! snowHead
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Nice to see the BBC showing women's skiing from St Anton at the moment on the red button Smile
latest report
Ski Sunday is on today from St Anton, why when the slalom classic of Abelboden is available GOK. But why do we have Chilton again on one of the slalom highlights Abelboden, whom has as I have said before so limited technique analysis that it can be written on the back of a postage stamp with a big thick pen.
Hope Ryding makes 2nd leg and Chemmy does better than 42 of yesterday (did better well done.)

Have you noticed Fellows bringing in a bit of SCGB accent by pronouncing Austria with the intonation from the word exhaust as in Orstria.
snow conditions
Loved Ski Sunday this week. Very good. Unapologetic. Even the featured Snowboarder was a real Dude.
snow report
Back tomorrow Very Happy
snow report
Bloody terrifying! Shocked Shocked
snow conditions
It is a fantastic course. Heart in mouth and adrenalin pumping just watching it. Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
Notice that they didn't mention the World Championships starting in just over a week, I guess the bbc haven't paid for the rights. Not really ski sunday but Rather annoyed as just watched men's slalom race 1 from Kitz on Eurosport, set 2 second race to record and it was bloody tennis! Looks like they switched coverage to another eurosport channel. Would help if the state of the ark virgin tivo recorded programmes more intelligently than just the scheduled time and channel, hardly rocket science in the digital age. Also the catch up service kindly list all the skiing coverage from this year but none of it is actually watchable for some reason. Ski Sunday mentioned slalom coverage on red button but no use if you're watching a recording and red button streaming doesn't seem to be available on catch up. Rant over, bloody modern TC tech is crap, off to see if I can get the slalom from internet somewhere.
latest report
waynos, Marcel Hirscher's second run has been posted on You tube - totally mind-blowingly good and he blew the two Italians out of the water poor things.

http://youtube.com/v/MslBbFWmk9U

and

http://youtube.com/v/2P6TZlX-jI0

Sadly both German commentary but it is a damned sight better than that idiot Fellowes blathering on on Eurosport UK!

You did not miss much on the Red button - I watched and to be honest it was as much crap as the programme itself! I feel sorry for the ski racing fans in the UK who are reliant on Freeview. Even ZDF/AD seem to get it right and they are obsessed with Bobsleigh, tobogganing and biathlon because that is where the Germans really do shine!
latest report
waynos, replays on eurosport now! Women's then I guess men's.
snow report
gatecrasher, cheers!
snow conditions
Amazing how Hirscher won, considering he was on his backside on his first run!
ski holidays
waynos wrote:
Set 2 second race to record and it was bloody tennis!
Ah I did wonder if I'd set it wrongly, that would explain it. It was on at about 10pm last night instead.
JC actually apologised during the GS for the Eurosport coverage being swamped by the Australian Open Tennis.
snow report
waynos wrote:
Set 2 second race to record and it was bloody tennis!
Ah I did wonder if I'd set it wrongly, that would explain it. It was on at about 10pm last night instead.
JC actually apologised during the GS for the Eurosport coverage being swamped by the Australian Open Tennis.
snow report
Samerberg Sue wrote:
waynos, Marcel Hirscher's second run has been posted on You tube - totally mind-blowingly good and he blew the two Italians out of the water poor things.

http://youtube.com/v/MslBbFWmk9U

I'm pretty sure that with my 2007 Head Big Easys and my 70 flex non pro fitted boots I could get down that slope quicker than Hirscher Neutral

can't see what all the fuss is about, it's just a slope
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy