Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ski hire big white? any help?! going round in circles!!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hi all

can anyone advise where and how i can prebook ski hire in big white?
i've contacted the central office on the big white website and they seem to only want to help us if we book our accomodation directly through them, which we are not! and there only appears to be one ski hire shop for the resort..... which i cannot appear to contact directly............ help snowheads?!!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Have you tried joining their Facebook page and posting a questions there? It looks like the nearest town in Kelowna which, according to google maps is 40 miles away so that seems your only option.

I think you will get an answer from Facebook but if not, maybe a Canadian ski forum would have more info - use google Canada (google.ca) and restrict your search to Canadian answers only.

Good luck
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We went to Big White last year and had the same problem as we booked our own accommodation ie. not through Big White tourist office. We had to get stuff when we got there and boy is it expensive!! Great place though!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Kaiser846,
yeh i think it looks like we might have to do that, i looked on thier website and for 5 days ski hire for the two of its around £180?! possibly the priciest we've ever paid! Shocked
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Kaiser846, did you book the thier transfer bus from kelowna or make your own way? we've booked a condo independently and hoping we can also buy some groceries there for breakfast etc to ease the cost a bit!!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We booked a private transfer with a 1 hour stop at the food supermarket and liquor store at a cost of $358.40 return to and from Kelowna Airport, the company were called Discover Okanagan Tours and the service was excellent. My advice with whoever you use is to do the food and alcohol stop because the prices in the Big White supermarket are at least half as much again. We had 12 days there and had 2 days off skiing, on one of the days off we went down to Kelowna and restocked and also had a day out in Kelowna for a change. This seems a little tight but there were four of us and we drink plenty so it is well worth doing. The chap we used to travel to and from Kelowna was called Dale, he had some interesting tall stories but was cheap as he ferried seasonnaires back and forth. On the skiing front, if it snows as soon as the weather clears get straight over to Gem Lake it is fantastic, the main bar we used was the Bullwheel which was our favourite.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Kaiser846, thanks for the info, as there is only two of us i doubt we will pay for a taxi, i think we will just have to stomach the supermarket prices in Big White, but from previous experience of small supermarkets in some French resorts it cant be anymore expensive then that!!!... we are not big drinkers so not too bothered about the price of booze but just wanted to get some bread, stuff for lunch on a couple of days and some basics, nothing mega, so hopefully it won't be that bad|!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Sounds like the right choice, the shop in Big White is well stocked and has some nice stuff so you should be fine, have a great time. We loved BW the powder skiing after a dump were brill especially over on Gem.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We had the same issue last season. My Dad wanted to hire skis but there is only one shop on the hill that rents and as you mention the prices are crazy. Either hire down in Kelowna before you head up or just buy a second hand pair of skis before you go. I agree with the above comment about getting food in Kelowna - the prices in the big white shop are CRAZY.

Great snow and if you like steeper terrain head over to the gem chair - lots of trees etc. Cliff chair isnt bad either bad rather short and slow.

Have fun
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy