Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Big French 2005-6 ski test online - with public comment

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Update: this thread was originally started prematurely, but now seems OK - scroll down to 31 Oct for link to test.
------------------------------------------------------------------
The French ski website skipass.com has posted up what look like very comprehensive test results of 2005-6 ski models.

Have a look here. There's a handy menu at the top for instant access to specific models. Models from 21 manufacturers are included.

If you want a free translation (not necessarily of professional quality) try:
http://www.freetranslation.com or http://translation2.paralink.com

Any comments on these tests?

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 31-10-05 1:08; edited 3 times in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
David Goldsmith, I think these are actually 2004-2005 tests? Unless I've gone to the wrong link?

Hopefully they have/wil publish next year's though!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
David Goldsmith wrote:

If you want a free translation (not necessarily of professional quality) try:
http://www.freetranslation.com or http://translation2.paralink.com

B* baffles brains as they say.

I wonder who designed the translation programme - Stanley Unwin ?

Our opinion: The Crossfire is a skiing that wants itself (and that) of course polyvalent, but of which the domain of prédilection remains essentially the track. This is on this land that one will appreciate the better the réactivité of the skiing and where one will feel the better the supports. One feels well in small virages, one has fun oneself to link the bends, vary the rays, not any problem, if it lacks a little character for the better ones, the skiing is healthy on track, to any speed. The flex is less pleasant in heavy or deep snow, it does not tolerate too the errors of inherent equilibrations to the practice freeride. Suddenly, one does not always feel comfortable. Yield too much difference between the track and the deep or irregular snows to be classified in freeski such as we hear it, the Crossifire posts anyway a beautiful polyvalence on track, with all the characteristics of a quiet skiing but effective. A skiing of carving well sympa, for good skiers.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
David Murdoch wrote:
David Goldsmith, I think these are actually 2004-2005 tests? Unless I've gone to the wrong link?

Hopefully they have/wil publish next year's though!

yes they are the 2004-2005 tests, I have the SkiLabo 2005-2006 tests in front of me but no idea when / if Skipass will publish these
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Very sorry about that error. Here's skipass's home page, and I may have got over-excited over something I half understood in French ...

http://www.skipass.com

... Selling the test results is fair enough if they possess hot information of this quality. I guess they will put the results into the public domain when the DVD sales slow down.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I thimk something is getting lost in translation, apparently freeride ski's are for fat conceited people Puzzled
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yes, he should have time for a bit of skiing
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rich, you're suggesting they're not?

I've always felt Salomon's (all of them) were expressly designed for fat, aging, mistress-laden, frenchmen. As is the run colour grading in Les Gets... Twisted Evil

David Goldsmith, I thought they were just selling DVDs? Not the test results. Have I mistranslated?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
David Murdoch, fair point
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
David Murdoch wrote:
I've always felt ....... expressly designed for fat, aging, mistress-laden, frenchmen. As is the run colour grading in Les Gets... Twisted Evil

fyi , I am neither French nor mistress-laden Toofy Grin
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
David Murdoch wrote:
rich, you're suggesting they're not?

I've always felt Salomon's (all of them) were expressly designed for fat, aging, mistress-laden, frenchmen. As is the run colour grading in Les Gets... Twisted Evil

Close, I think Salomon's are designed for Les Gets, although I didn't realise any Frenchman skied there Twisted Evil
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
eEvans, that's all right, you're just starting out.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The 2006 ski test seems to be online now:
http://www.skipass.com/tests06/
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Cheers for that link David-i tried to get a translation for the new B2-can sort of get the jist of what they're saying, but can anyone give a better general translation?:

B2 was never recognized for its amount of effectiveness. This year, it changes radically. Always as easy to ski in all conditions, our testers could discover this time as it needed from now on speed to hang in hard snow, to cross and become stable. Behind, in the action, it is comfortable and holds well the curve with a high degree of accuracy. B2 changed, it is intended from now on to skiers who will be able to give him the speed which it needs. The freeriders thus surely will prefer it with old. In particular those which wish to progress before passing to the higher conceited version.

Cheers....
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
ise, you might be right! But I think you get my point?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy