Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Quick Waxing Question

Poster: A snowHead
last winter I bought the kit to wax my own skis and before putting them away for the summer left a nice load of wax on them. I have now totally forgotten what to do with them to make them piste ready.

Should I heat the wax up again or just scrape it off and brush down the skis? Help!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
scrape it off and go ski, dont watse your time with the brush unless it's to sweep up the wax
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cheers.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Scrape it off while its cold too.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Rule 33
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Depends how well you want them to run/how much effort you want to put in.

Definitely scrape while cold
I'd say always brush as well for structure to make sure the smooth base doesn't create suction with the snow.

Optional:
An extra wax and cold scrape
A bit of zardoz

It's up to you depending on how much you can be arsed.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
For the first time in my life I skied on fully waxed skis with no scraping. It was a short notice Nov weekend trip and to be honest they didn't feel too bad, and after the two days skiing they are now scraped enough to just need a brush for the next trip. Result Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Scarpa, I presume it was reasonably cold with little moisture?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Isn't it more painful if you let it get cold and then have to scrape?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
emwmarine, indeed. I always use the heated honey and cotton fabric strips method, I'd recommend it.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
spyderjon, i put my board into storage overwinter with a storage layer of the zoom purple renew wax supplie dby your good self - is there any benefit to re-heating it and letting it cool before scraping and then waxing with the lime universal? will it help penetrate the wax further or has it been on to long to make any difference now?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
RattytheSnowRat wrote:
emwmarine, indeed. I always use the heated honey and cotton fabric strips method, I'd recommend it.

Does that get all the hairs though?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
lib-banana, don't reheat the purple just scrape/brush & then apply the lime.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
spyderjon, Thanks, will do - its great stuff though - did 3 or 4 waxes on an older board last year and noticed a huge difference in speed and wax retention over a weeks hols - and thanks for your helpful website and food luck with the new venture!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
spyderjon, Yes, fair bit of man made snow so I didn't bother scraping, they weren't that thickly covered. Usually I do a decent scrape and brush.
snow conditions
With cleaned bases I use Zardoz with a prep wax, then the lime on top and spend a whole afternoon doing about 6 re-heatings. Never had a dry grey base on any trip.

Is this site too anal for casual skiers LOL ? http://www.tognar.com/waxing_tips_ski_snowboard.html
latest report
And I too can recommend spyderjon for tuning supplies Toofy Grin
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy