Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Second hand skis for a beginner: Storm Inferno Skis - info please

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

I am looking to purchase some Storm Inferno Piste Precision skis second hand on ebay for about £110 inc bindings. 161cm length.

Other than the official Storm web site I can't find much info on these skis. Seller says they are approx 1 year old and in good condition. He says that whilst he is an experienced skier they should also be fine for a beginner.

I'm a beginner and been skiing for about a year on dry slope but only once on snow.

Are these going to be a good choice for a beginner?

All info greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Steve
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
stevegos, Welcome to Snowheads. they should be fine, I found this blurb

Quote:
The Inferno is a strong but not overly aggressive piste ski that loves the challenge of being taken into variable snow conditions and moguls. A very light and agile ski!

The Inferno Piste Precision has a much softer and more forgiving feel than its racier brother. With this new 3D shape and solid lightweight laminate wood-core, this ski will always prove to be a reliable and energetic ride.

Is that with bindings? If not new ones here aren't much more http://www.myamazingsavings.co.uk/storm-inferno-piste-precision-skis-161cm-blackfire-124-p.asp Storm are no longer in production and they have been heavily discounted for some time
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just saw they are with bindings. Are they right length? what's your height/weight?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the info.

Yes I believe they are about right for my height. They are 161cm and I'm about 5 foot 11.

So you think they are fine for a beginner and the price seems fair.

Steve
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
stevegos, I saw someone do a slalom race on a pair so that sort of ski and I know of some pairs that fell to bits
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I think you might find them a bit of a handful as a 'beginner'. They're very slalom-y, and are not meant to be run flat or near-flat. You have to really hang them out on an edge.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
stevegos, what sort of dry slope skiing? If a few lessons, I'd say hire beginner skis in resort. If you're racing on plastic, respect. Cool
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Actually the piste presision is a bit more forgiving than the inferno race which is the out and out slalomy one. Given you've done quite a bit of dry slope skiing I think they may be ok if you are looking for fast piste ski.
Have got 2 pairs of storms which I've skied loads in the mountains and indoors and they haven't fallen to bits.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The Storm Inferno Piste Precision is less aggressive than the Storm Inferno Race Carver which is the slalom like ski so I think they'd be OK. For dry slope and learning 161cm is probably OK but you'll soon want something longer on snow.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

you'll soon want something longer on snow.

right. I am an old lady, 5'5" and ski on 165 skis.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
My son is 6'2" and skis 165 Elan SLX

It is all about the ski and its intended use, much more complicated than just the height/length
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy