Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski hire in Wengen

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

Can anyone recommend the best place to hire skis in Wengen? The Intersport prices seem a tad steep for premium skis, so I wondered if anyone had any tips before I resign myself to going through them.

Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Callai, Intersport pretty much have Wengen sewn up as I think all 3 shops in Wengen are Intersport agents, however Central Sport in the middle of the high street probably has the biggest selection of kit and the most of it, unless you are specifically after hi spec skis I'd go with the standard spec, All the skis my friends have ever hired there have I think been standard spec and all have been very good in great condition, they will give you a ski based on your ability, try to be as honest as possible about that and you will get a good ski to suit you, if you have any problems take them back and they will swap them for an alternative, only time I used VIP skis was when I was after a new pair for myself, they put new bindings on brand new skis for 3 different sets and let me try each, those test skis then become vip skis.

I'm pretty sure they include an insurance pack on their hire skis and it's well worth it, a friend of mine managed to break his hire board bindings and they didn't even blink when he took the bits back to the shop, they just gave him a replacement and he was back on the slopes in an hour, no extra charges and no calls to a UK insurer required Shocked
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Callai, I used Central Sport last year, but equipment hire in Wengen is eye-wateringly expensive compared to France Sad Possibly due to poor exchange rate Confused
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I always use Molitor Sports in Wengen.

http://www.molitor.ch/

They are the only really pro shop in the village. The Molitor family is famous for their skiing gold medals, their former skiboot brand, etc. Mr Molitor, son of the great gold medal skier, is a real ski professional who can help you on any technical issue concerning skis or boots. They also have ski&boot storage so you don't have to carry the stuff around with you!

Enjoy!
Ciao,
Bob
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
gratefulfrog, Central also have excellent storage facilities including heated boot racks but in all honesty there is little to choose between Central and Molitor in terms of facilities
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy