Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Freeriding in Fieberbrunn (and elsewhere)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Last March I took part on a freeride course in Fieberbrunn, reported here, and I thought I would mention it again, for the courses are being repeated again this year (not only in Fieberbrunn). Tonight I almost fell off my seat and haven't laughed so much since the day the boiler blew up when I discovered that my photo and a link to the sH report is on the Fieberbrunn page of the Freeride Experience site (their home page is here). Appropriately commented "an experience!" Laughing.

There's a pretty full description of what we did (with numerous photos) in the sH report from last March. But if anyone has any questions or wants anything fom the web site translated, I'd be happy to help if I can. If you want to see more of what the course did but from the weekend before the course I was on, there is a video clip
Bluebird Freeriding Fieberbrunn from Freeride Experience
here. There were more groups that weekend, possibly with rooky groups too. Both weekends had (mostly) excellent weather and snow last year.

To sum up, I found the course very challenging but it certainly opened new perspectives for me. I skied lines I would never have considered in a month of Sundays before. I'm not sure I'll ever ski them again but it was interesting Very Happy

And finally, two other remarks:
In the sH report I said that there had been talk of skiing down from the Wildseeloder - I was rather relieved when our group didn't try that! However, I see now (I think) that the group the week before did climb to the top of the Wildseeloder but, rather than skiing down the Herrgott Rinne where the pros of the Freeride World Tour play, they skied back down from the ridge that leads south to the Seenieder - still serious stuff but not quite so extreme.

I received one personal surprise when in summer Robert Trixl, the guide of my group, arrived at my door to return the sun specs I had lost in my big fall. He had gone back up on his mountain bike to hunt for them, which seems to me to be over and beyond the call of duty. But I think it does say something about the quality of the guide we had, someone who really loves the mountains.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy