Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Proof of Insurance???

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Off to Meribel on Saturday and was just wondering what I actually need on the slopes for insurance purposes.

I have a Gold Account via Natwest which covers us for Winter Sports and I always take the insurance with the lift passes.

So, if (heaven forbid) something does go wrong, what will I need with me to prove we are insured?

~Mac

(p.s - apologies if this is another topic that has been answered repeatedly, quick search didn't turn up anything)
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mac22, if you take the lift pass insurance it will be marked on your pass - that'll get the helicopter whisked in, other stuff can wait.

I also have a small laminated card with my insurance details, address and phone number.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mac22, If you take the Carte Neige insurance with the pass, then on the mountain you will be covered for any emergency, so just have your travel insurance details available for any subsequent treatment etc. I assume you will have a number to phone on your Natwest cover.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the help peeps.

I did think as much, just wanted to double check for peace of mind. I also make an annual phone call to NatWest to double/triple check that I am covered!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Don't forget to also carry your EHIC, as some insurance companies aren't keen to pay out if you could have used that.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Mac22, I have Advantage Gold account too. They should have sent you a travel insurance policy document. That's basically all I take with me, I don't take lift pass insurance, the NatWest cover seems comprehensive enough for me.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

Don't forget to also carry your EHIC

good point. Must check that mine is in the jacket pocket.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
sugarmoma666, pam w, EHIC???? please expand on this...
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mac22, http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/Healthcareabroad/EHIC/Pages/about-the-ehic.aspx
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Mac22, Have a look here. http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/Healthcareabroad/EHIC/Pages/about-the-ehic.aspx

Don't use one of the sites that want to charge you for it, they just take your money for doing it for you. The official site is free and you should definitely have one for all your family.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
uh oh, don't have one of these. Slightly worried now Confused
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Mac22, its basically what was the E111 card.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Mac22, you can get them pretty quick; make an application on line right now, it might arrive in time. I'm surprised your insurance policy doesn't mention it. Don't worry massively though. Your insurance will pay up, but sometimes it makes a difference to how they put the policy excess into operation. It won't make life-altering differences.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks pam w
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Mac22: *may* see you out in Meribel next week- I'm off out there this Sat as well Toofy Grin

4 sleeps to go....

PS I carry my EHIC in money belt and have insurance docs in backpack, with tel no's on iPhone.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy