Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Insurance for Kids

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We're taking a 13 yr old cousin with us in Feb but we're finding we cant include him on a family insurance policy. Has anyone else been in a similar situation ?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
mikeh, parents may need to take out a family policy which allows children to travel without them. I think our Direct Travel policy allowed this.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Direct Travel used to but no longer, one of the many reasons we changed last year. I think the Ski Club GB do childrens policies.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
mikeh, As he is travelling with you is it possible that you or his parents could set up a policy for him with the company you are with.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Not skiing but I took a daughter's friend on a summer holiday with us a couple of years ago. It only cost a few quid for them to get a weeks insurance for her.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I think for the 'family' type policies you all have to be resident at the same address. We have the a similar situation. We often ski as a foursome with FraserP, and this makes us into a 2+2 skiing group. We never have any problems buying a family ski pass in resort, but I've previously enquired and we cannot include him on our family insurance, even though it would be cheap to do so, because he has a diffferent address to the rest of us.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
mikeh, really important to do this - we have neighbours here who had a nephew staying a few years ago, everyone thought he was covered under his own parents insurance till he did something a bit mad, and thousands of pounds later it was a sorry tale.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
double entry

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Tue 1-01-13 13:06; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Don't forget to ask one of her parents to write a letter allowing you to give medical consent on their behalf. Hopefully it won't be needed, in an emergency hospitals treat first and ask later, but for silly things like if she/he gets an ear infection or something you might not be able to get non emergency treatment without it.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'm sure I have also read that it is advisable to have a letter signed by both parents allowing you to take their child out of the country.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy