Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Wheeled ski bags

Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

I've been looking at wheeled ski bags for convenience more than anything else and wondered which sort you would recommend? As they seem to be a fair investment in comparison to a normal carry bag so want to get it right if I buy one.

Any help or recommendations are much appreciated!

Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Is it that time already?, If yer skis are short buy a board bag, holds more and will fit boots to.

Wheels just make life a lot easier on my knackered shoulder . . . that and I schlep a lot of gear around like two pairs of boots etc. If you travel light you could get everything into a board bag and a carry-on.

Best one I've got is the High Sierra adjustable from 160-210 in a neat and unobtrusive fold system
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There's at least one denizen of these forums who recomends getting a normal bag and cobbling together a set of wheels (saw a cheap skateboard in half, perhaps?) you can strap on to one end of a normal ski bag. Not a bad idea.

How long are your skis? There are a few folk who seem to make quite nice bags, but they're not much use if you're having to haul around a pair of monstrous powder skis. I've just picked up a Dakine Fall Line Double, as it seemed to be a reasonably priced piece of kit, and it does get reasonable reviews.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi, thanks for the replies! Skis are 176 so not the biggest. I only need the bag for one pair of skis so figured given all wheelie bags appear to be for two pairs I would probably get boots in along with most of my other kit. They do seem to be massive!

I don't think my DIY skills, well lack of them, would be up to making my own!

I will look into board bags but the ones I have seen are circa 169cm so may cram the skis in. I will also look at the dakine one.

Thanks again!!!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Masque, might go for one myself, USD35.00 shipping fee, did you have it shipped over? if you did you have to pay any additional taxes
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
radar, I'm in the states, bought it 2 years ago, I like it 'cos I can strap my other bag on top down near the wheels and it virtually cantilevers on the wheels. You could get stung for customs and VAT . . . have a google for a nearer source as HS sells in Europe too.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Masque, thanks, have been caught before on the customs and VAT bit will have a hunt a round, happy new year
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Appears you can get some HS stuff through amazon but not the same model. I'll have a look into shipping time scales as wouldn't want it to arrive after I have left to go away. They seem good value compared to a lot!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Some Snowheads have these:

http://www.lokker.co.uk/lokker-bags/
https://www.snokart.com/
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just consider the weight. I have the Dakine double roller (a wheelie bag and a further double bag which straps to the wheelie) I rarely use the wheelie now because of the extra weight.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The Evoc Snow Gear Roller is a good one - it says it's 195 but 2m skis fit it OK. Plenty of room for 2 pairs of skis, boots, poles and a bit of clothing - you just need to watch the weight.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
musher,

2M skis, that's got to be the first willy wave of 2013 Laughing Laughing
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
musher,

Btw happy new year snowHead
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Kel,

Not mine - Mrs M's XC skis. My 215's don't come out of the garage any more.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
musher,

215's that's the Bugatti Veyron of willy waving Laughing Laughing HNY
snow conditions
Kel,

If you were as old as me you would remember when they were all that long wink
ski holidays
musher,

Hang on there my first proper pair of skis K2 610 comp 190 's with Salomon 555 bindings.

Just faced the facts and moved with the times, now ski on K2 Apaches 168 (after a 30 year gap, why did I do that)

Still skiing at 53. No where near as fit as when I was 16, but still getting the same buzz.

Your as young as the ski's you feel Laughing Laughing
snow report
Kel wrote:
Your as young as the ski's you feel Laughing Laughing

But nowhere near as sharp as the edges rolling eyes
latest report
As raised above, don't be tempted to buy one that is longer than you need (most come in two lengths). I use one that is 191 long to transport my 186 skis but when the missus goes away on her own and only takes her 154s the bag is pretty useless as it has no structure along its length meaning it bends in the middle and becomes difficult to drag around.

However, it is an excellent way to travel on BA who have a 23kg, one bag, any size, luggage policy.
ski holidays
Quote:

However, it is an excellent way to travel on BA who have a 23kg, one bag, any size, luggage policy.

I posted the following on the latest boots in hand luggage thread:
Quote:
I'm flying BA to the Birthday Bash and intend to put everything else into a board bag. Unfortunately, last time I did that, I failed to insulate my helmet properly (it seems much more difficult to do that in a board bag than in an ordinary suitcase) and all the money I saved by not having an extra item of luggage was blown on having to replace my very dented helmet. Any suggestions? (My helmet won't fit into my rucksack with my boots.)

Edit: vanity prevents me from actually wearing the thing on to the plane!

but I got no reply. Any tips on how to pack a helmet safely? The problem with a board bag is its lack of depth.
snow report
Pedantica, a mono bra?

seriously I see a lot of people with them clipped to their rucksacks in hand luggage.
latest report
Masque, rolling eyes
I guess I'll have to try clipping the helmet to the bag and, if someone cuts up rough, really will have to wear it on to the plane!
ski holidays
As a lady who loves her ski yet doesn't like the hassle of lugging my equipment around my neck or strapped to my back , i found these, smart affordable and very useful. www.skboot.com they have two sizes and these bad boys can fit a multitude of goodies neat, dry and safe whilst on your travels.
latest report
asksally, I like that Shocked plenty of room for lots of tut and would come in with ski carriage . . . so theoretically that and a fat board bag would eliminate a hold bag so you'd save on a bag and just pay for sports equip. That would save me money from the states. Wonder if it'd work with the budgets?

Though I doooooo harbor a suspicion thyat asksally, is spamming . . . first post and all that Confused
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy