Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Volkl skis

Poster: A snowHead
I've seen some really reduced but don't know the brand... what are they like?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Very good German skis, have been producing good race skis for years; they have a pair at over £1100 for sale this year. IMO A brand not to be taken lightly rather like Fischer you have to be able to ski well to get the best from them.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Big help! Many thanks Smile
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Volkl are as good as any other, make some great skis
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Do you guys know the Volkl men's Grizzly? I've seen some at a good price but just a bit worried in case they might be too heavy... I'm 5'8", 68 kg and reasonable all mountain skier. What do you think?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Beverly, What level skier are you? Where do you do most of your skiing? On piste/off piste/moguls/park? What do you enjoy most?
The grizzlys like to be driven, they are an expert level carving ski, like a lot of volkl skis they are stiff. If you can try before you buy, if your not confident in your ability then don't buy.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I love my Volkl's. They're quite stiff and agile. I just wish I could pronounce Volkl.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
jellylegs, Vo cull
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Cynic, in what language?
(They are actually pronounced - more or less - Furl-c'll)
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

Cynic, in what language?
(They are actually pronounced - more or less - Furl-c'll)

Yeh, you're right, the bloke in the shop pronounced it something like that. He definately didn't say Vo cull.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I've got a pair of RTM 80's, and they are vey good indeed! As jelly legs said quite stiff, but rewarding!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I've got some unlimited AC-30's, also love them. As previously said, generally very stiff and can be a demanding ski, but absolutely great performance if skied properly.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Sportpursuit have a sale of Volkl skis with a big discount.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
bobalexander1983, I've got AC30's too. The only thing I don't like is that snow tends to accumulate in the centre trough.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Vo Cull in English like volcs wagon
latest report
But thing is, Volkl is German company, and in German, V is pronounced like F (most of time). Same goes for Volkswagen... it's pronounced with F on front Smile
snow conditions
primoz, It is meant in jest, when they first came out, we had several as ballet skis, they were always known in the kit room as vocals, nobody had heard anything else.
snow conditions
jellylegs wrote:
bobalexander1983, I've got AC30's too. The only thing I don't like is that snow tends to accumulate in the centre trough.

I just flick this snow over my mates when we stop. Wink

The grip they give you on an edge at speed is unbelievable.
snow report
What are the AC30s like off piste?
latest report
Haven't really had mine in anything fresh sadly due to bad luck/timing on the holidays I've been on with them. Cut through what i can best describe as old and cruddy off piste snow no problem last year. Not sure how they'd fare in deeper powder - especially since I'm around 100kg in weight.
snow conditions
I've got some Volkl's and really love them, very versatile carvers but I haven't given them a good run off piste. I've seen a lot around the Swiss local slopes and they tend to take their skiing quite seriously over here Wink
snow conditions
Quote:

What are the AC30s like off piste?

a lot like a stiff, 80mm waist ski is expected to be, you may survive but probably won't have that much fun! My opinion of this ski is heavy, not so lively but well made and grippy as hell!

Been mulling over how to write VÖLKL phonetically.... best i got is

Vf-uh-lk-l
^^
said like if you just got punched in the gut! thats a tough one to explain it's like "UE" would be said.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy