Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BASI L2 Tech resit - anyone done it?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
If so just wondering how similar it was to the 2 week course, crammed into one week?

If it's just a tech resit did you do any teach ??

Generally interested in any info on it, not a lot of info on the BASI website and appears to be only one L2 resit course set for Tux in late April 2013...

Cheers,

Greg
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No one's ever needed to wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
spyderjon, Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I might be wrong (or out of date) but I seem to recall that the resit overlaps the first week of the 2 week course and the resit people just re-do the first week. So in a group of 10 at the start of the 2 weeks, 2 people might be doing the resit. At the end of week 1 they are assessed and go home, leaving the remaining 8 to finish the 2 week course.

Edit - further delving into my memory tells me that's definitely how my group was organised. Of the 2 resit guys, one passed and the other feigned injury and disappeared after 3 days 'cause he clearly wasn't up to the standard. This was in 2005 though so could be different now.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Raceplate, they appear to have changed that and are running a specific re sit week.

http://www.basi.org.uk/content/alpine-ski-level-2-re-assessment.aspx

Nice one spyderjon,
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
kitenski, No, not necessarily. A 2 week L2 course starts on the same date http://www.basi.org.uk/content/alpine-level-2-course.aspx
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Raceplate, they sent me an email which said

Quote:
The Next Step

If you have failed both the Teaching and the Technical section of the Level 2 course, you are required to retake the whole 10 day Level 2 course.

If you have failed either the Teaching or the Technical section of the Level 2 course, you must book onto a 5 day Level 2 Re-assessment course. Please be aware that spaces on these courses will be limited.

If you do not successfully complete the 5 day Level 2 Re-assessment course, you can book onto another 5 day Level 2 Re-assessment course. However, if you have already failed the 5 day Re-assessment course twice, you must complete the whole 10 day Level 2 course again.

NB. Any candidate who needs to take a 5 day Re-assessment course will not be permitted to book onto 5 days of the 10 day Level 2 instructor course but must book onto the 5 day Re-assessment course or alternatively attend the full 10 day Level 2 Instructor course again. The Level 2 Re-assessment course cannot be booked online. You must contact the office.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm only surmising but if you look at the date of the re-assessment course, it overlaps the 2nd week of one Hintertux L2 course and the 1st week of the other. Therefore if you failed Teach you get added to one course and if you failed Tech you get added to the other. All depends on the overall numbers I guess though. I think the end of season L2 course is normally one of the busiest so I'd expect them to add more availability nearer the time. Seems to be a lot of people already booking up for re-assessment though - must be the success of the L1 snowdome programme Wink
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Greg, have you considered speaking with ICE and seeing if you could just do the 2nd week of a level 2 course if its allowed., at least you know the area and can just book a package holiday to get there, it saves all the transfer and accomadation problems of doing it at tux
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Curtains, yeh they said speak to BASI, will give BASI a call later in the week....I guess they'll be at work on Thursday???
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
kitenski, Yeah I did the re-sit and it doesn't involve any teach, just tech. Although, that does involve a fair bit of central theme. Also depends on the trainer and terrain/conditions as to what other elements of your skiing will be assessed i.e. we didn't really do bumps at all, luckily for me Very Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I would do it as late in the season as possible, gives you lots of time to get your problems sorted and late moguls are soft so if this is your strand it will be easier.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
kitenski, I believe they will be back in the office on Thursday 3rd yes.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy