Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Solden

Poster: A snowHead
First trip to Solden planned from 20th Jan, any tips on where to go what to do?
We are staying up the mountain so have access to the town till 22:00hrs as I am normally asleep by then this is not a problem Laughing
Should we extend the lift pass to do Obergurgl/Hochgurgl?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Can't help you Toofy Grin

But a day on Obergurgl for 10 ebucks looks like a good idea!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Can't help you Toofy Grin

But a day on Obergurgl for 10 ebucks looks like a good idea!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
the "dutch bar" was fun cant remember the name but a smaller place towards the end of town on the left hand side when walking with the river on your right.

main action was apres in the bars on the high street. one or two mountain bars which involved a slow ski down but were fun as well..
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
the one with cocktails that were more like trifle? (don't recall the name either, but it'll be obvious)
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Once drove through Solden on my way to Obergurgl - it was about 2 in the afternoon and all the strip joints seemed to be open, so you should be ok.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks guys that information may appeal to the men in the group Laughing I was hoping for some info on area to ski, lunch stops etc rolling eyes Laughing
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ski all of it? Wink Didn't do Obergurgl etc. but I'd be interested to know if it's worth doing that bit next time.
Massive self-service complex at the top of the main uplift was OK. Quite a nice restaurant half way down the other section (don't recall the name - off to look at a piste map to take a guess edit: might be the Almstubn + Bieralm near Gaislachkogl mid station? ).
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
griffterski wrote:
Once drove through Solden on my way to Obergurgl - it was about 2 in the afternoon and all the strip joints seemed to be open, so you should be ok.

Any ski in/ ski out?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
griffterski wrote:

Did you stop to check their waxing technique?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
For me Solden is a place where is definitely pays to get out onto the mountains early. The runs that link the Giggihoch and the Glaciers get pretty busy mid to late morning so if you're up early you get the benefit of those runs being less busy plus you get to the Glaciers before they start to fill up.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Linds, There was a trip report on "Soldin" a few years ago on this thread, not sure how helpful you'll find it though.... Laughing
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
skimottaret wrote:
the "dutch bar" was fun cant remember the name but a smaller place towards the end of town on the left hand side when walking with the river on your right.

Directions from Skiimottaret ???? What ever next ??? wink
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
dabski, Wonder if there is a Grand Marnier bar? Laughing
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Looks like most peeps can't remember Solden Madeye-Smiley
snow report
Linds,

It's been a couple of years since I've been to solden but I know that they have put a new Gondola in at Gaislachkogl (thanks heavens) and there are some great runs that side, including a beautiful sweeping run labelled no.2. It used to be classified as a red, but now it's Blue. There's also a great hut just as it bends round to become no.8.

Over on Giggihoch, there's another nice hut on the right side of red run 11. Note there are two huts almost directly opposite one another, but the one on the right is the better. Another great hut is the one about half way down black run 20, sorry I can't be more precise than this, because again there are a few, but this one on the left hand side is just after a field in which chairlift supports are situated.

Personally, for your first visit I wouldn't bother with going to Obergurgl, there's enough for a week here at least.

Apres begins early in Solden, either at the main complex at the top of the Giggihoch; then at the bottom of the Giggihoch; or at the several huts at the bottom of Gaislachkogl (Inneralm really); or a small bar at the bottom of red run 21.(this last is right by a bus stop). Then there's an odd day - Thursday I think, where it seems the whole Village meets at the Hotel Valentin? - at the bottom of the Gaislachkogl telecabin.

I see that you're away this weekend so sorry this info is late, but just found your question - hope it helps Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy