Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Meribel ski school and lessons

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, looking for recommendations for best place to get private lessons in Meribel.

Few of our group also doing ski school, I was just gonna direct them to ESF or is that a bad idea?

Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Tange wrote:
Hi, looking for recommendations for best place to get private lessons in Meribel.

Few of our group also doing ski school, I was just gonna direct them to ESF or is that a bad idea?

Depends what style of teaching you want. If you want fluent English with theoretical explanations of why you're doing stuff to help your understanding then go with a BASI school. There are several Brit schools full of BASI L4 full cert instructors but my recommendation would be New Generation. http://www.skinewgen.com/resorts/meribel/

Edit - talk to Zoe Campbell and tell her what you want to work on, she will recommend the right instructor for you (or book her if she's available). She's a long standing BASI Trainer and very good. I did quite a bit of my shadowing with her.

You might want to look at BASS also http://www.britishskischool.com/meribel/instructors.htm They have a good reputation.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sun 30-12-12 15:26; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ski Marmalade is a good option.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
+1 for marmalade
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rob@rar wrote:
Ski Marmalade is a good option.

Yes, I've not skied with him but I've heard good things from long-standing seasonnaires who should know.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
My wife had an excellent, patient, instructor with the ESF in Les Menuires two weeks ago, so it is possible to get good lessons through the ESF, though I expect they are more variable in style and approach than a smaller British school and you may get an instructor who doesn't have the right approach for you. The instructor's English was fine, though my wife's ability to speak French was about the same standard so they did the lessons in French as that was my wife's preference.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I worked out in Meribel last season and we used three instrcution companies: New Generation, Parallel Lines and Magic. All three have English speaking instructors, Parallel Lines used only British instructors. I had a couple of lessons with Parallel Lines and they were both brilliant; really good instructors and both being English I found the analogies they used to get their point across much clearer than foreign (albeit fluent) instructors in the past.

Some customers went with ESF and the reviews were vairable. ESF are generally cheaper than the others though.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I would go with ESF.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If you want cheap, big classes and probably English as second language go to ESF. If you want a private lesson with a BASI instructor go to New Gen (ask for Mike or Simon, my sons) or to Parallel Lines ask for Zoe (my daughter-out-law)!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Tange

Every school has good instructors - but for private lessons a Ski Instructor is like a Driving instructor, you need to find 1 that suits you. Some people need a Drill Sargent, whiles others need mr "Ultimate patience".

I've had experience with Parallel Lines (who came recommended by Ski Cuisine) and also Snow Systems (Its been several years, but ask if Nico is still around, best instructor I ever had!).

Good luck!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
mogulski,

No bias there then? wink
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I had private lessons with ESF in Tignes last year, but I got very lucky. She was a superb teacher but have also heard bad stories about other ESF teachers english not being great and struggling to convey ideas and techniques.

Gonna try some of the British school and then find out if my friends are happy with their ESF group teacher and maybe have a few with them because they are considerably cheaper than the other schools.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
New Gen are very highly regarded and their instructors do proper love themselves. Laughing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
+1 Ski Marmalade
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I can vouch for New Generation. Not related to any instructors! We've used them for 3 seasons and about to book kids in again. My 3 kids love the lessons. I have also had adult lessons with them and I was amazed at how much I improved in a short time.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy