Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

good average snowfall for soll???

Poster: A snowHead
May sound silly question, but what counts as good average snow fall for skiwelt? I know the 2011/12 season was well above average butwhat sort of level makes good skiing. I appreciate aAustria slopes dontneedas much as france due to type of fields/hill, but what would make good skiing on minimum fall (if that makes sense)....just want to know what to be looking for in snow forecasts. Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Well currently Soll is at 100cm on the mountain and 50cm in the valley. This should be enough snow (at least on the mountain) to last through till March. Obviously if you get a very warm period the snow will suffer but it will unlikely disappear completely till the end of the season now. And don't forget that the ski welt now has pretty good snowmaking facilities as well. If I was going there any time from now till mid March then I certainly wouldn't be worried
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Jon Ford, stop worrying....you've booked now and what will be will be. Each of my three visits to Austria has been March time and all with plenty of snow! Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
looks like another large dump overnight and today Smile
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I can't wait

8 sleeps and counting snowHead
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I have skied Soll the last 3 seasons in late January and the conditions have been fantastic. Even when there has not been tons of powder fallingin late season the Austrians are there normal selves and have the pistes in good nick.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We skied just down the road in Ellmau over Christmas a couple of years ago. Snow to village when we got there, skiing to village. Within a couple of days it had gone, but after one evening of snow and only a couple of inches of snow it was possible to ski back again (and was pretty good too). You'll be fine.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
They tend to be very good at managing what snow they get. I've been there a couple of times when there has been lots of green, but most of the runs were still in good condition.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thankx all.bit more reassured. Got 3.5wks yet and temps seem to be dropping to more normal temps so hoping get somr good c8nditions for begin of feb. Thankd again. Have good hols wherever/whenever u go
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Jon Ford, I just came back from Ellmau Saturday, had a fantastic week, snow was excellent all week until Friday when it rained and rained, the snow was ok but we were soaked through, it'll be great when you go, just relax and enjoy snowHead
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thankx all.bit more reassured. Got 3.5wks yet and temps seem to be dropping to more normal temps so hoping get somr good c8nditions for begin of feb. Thankd again. Have good hols wherever/whenever u go
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
feefee, Was raining all over Skiwelt, all of ellmau or just in the valley?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Jon Ford, All over, we skied quite a long way and it didnt stop! the temperatures were due to drop though and theres still good coverage so dont fret wink
Where are you staying in Ellmau?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Snow is coming. Don't worry, there will (almost) certainly be enough snow. In Söll you only need about 10-15cm to slide on anyway.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Wasn't too woried, more curious to see if was snowing everywhere or just lower in ellmau valley.temps look like they r dropping from Friday and someone at work has told me a cold front is coming in soon. feefee, we r staying at sport hotel ellmau. Had v good reviews...only bad reviews were price of wine and some staff were snotty to customers who wanted tap water. Really am looking forward to it. Only reason why I ask so many questions is curiosity, any excuse to talk about skiing, and bored in work.
snow conditions
Jon Ford, it looks a really nice hotel from the outside, the back of it is located at the foot of the nursery slopes, worst place to get lunch as the service was terrible, but that may be separate to the hotel itself, it's well situated too, a good choice snowHead
latest report
feefee, really? We ate there twice (first day and last day) and it was pretty good - although I think this was 2-3 years ago.
snow report
hammerite, yes the service was so bad because they have their own tables, if you happen to sit at a table where the waiter has gone AWOL and you try to get the attention of another they are soo rude, we waited 40 mins then left! We wasn't the only ones either. If your with beginners at ski school in that area it's worth a 3 min walk to somewhere in the main street. The hotel looks really good though, the restaurant is called the ellmarau Alm and although part of the hotel building may be separate? Wouldn't put me off staying at the hotel.
ski holidays
Oh dear, not good. Shame too as the food was pretty good iirc
ski holidays
Found some lovely mountain huts though, the best gröstl was in the Jagerhutte yummy!
snow report
feefee wrote:
Found some lovely mountain huts though, the best gröstl was in the Jagerhutte yummy!

and the ribs!!!
snow conditions
Planning on hitting the mountain huts. We like skiing all over (will be on 1st lift when open) so will be eating lunch in soll and westendorf too) thanks for tips though
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy