Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kids and Ski Poles

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My kids 7 & 5 are on their second ever week of skiing keep asking me when they will be using ski poles, I honestly haven't got a scooby what's the norm?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Guernseyfreerider, Mine got theirs on about their 3rd week of holiday lessons if that's any help.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
My daughter hated her poles until she was 7, circa 3rd or 4th trip, since when she loves them when she worked out she can push herself forwards with them
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
My 6 and 8 yr old lads took poles out for the 1st time this afternoon, having skied about 3 weeks. Both used occasionally to push along on flats, having already got the basics of skating to keep moving without the poles, and they did some stabbing at the snow as a start towards pole planting. We'll see tomorrow if they ask to use them again.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Guernseyfreerider, I had the same query a couple of years ago, have a read here if you fancy http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1476223&highlight=poles#1476223
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We bought some for our 3 year old and he loves them. They make him ski slightly worse, but he really likes owning them.

He poles along like crazy down red runs, and then can't work out what to do with them on the flat. Nice boy, daft though.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy