Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where to book Borovets ski trip

Poster: A snowHead
Hi folks i'm looking to book a ski trip to Borovets Bulgaria for Feb 2nd 2013. Ive been there before and am happy with the resort. My question is can anyone reccomend a place where i can book this holiday? Ive looked at IgluSki but there seems to be mixed reviews on the net which has made me question going through them.

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you look at any of the major TOs you will find mixed reviews, Iglu,crystal,neilson,inghams, all much the same, I would go for whichever is cheapest, you know the resort, you know its not going to be a 5star experience whoever you go with so get the best deal you can. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
How many of you are travelling?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Two males travelling. 24 & 26.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
CraigyBoy, went to borovets for first ever ski trip 5yrs ago. Im far from an expert in resorts or skiing but just wandering why u r choosing to go back. For me, it was great for very first time ax I didnt know any better but once I had been to bigger and better resorts I realised how poor the place is in comparison. It may work out cheap to book, but as it runs higher risk that other resorts of not getting good snow fall, it can work out xpensive if you cant ski due to lack ofsnow/heavy rain....which happened to us one day of our trip. Then there is lack of runs. I think borovets has approx 15runs (totalling 40km???l)....compare that to a cheap resort in italy (passo tonale is my experience) which has 100km runs for v similar price lift pass, plus food/drink prices in italy are v similar to borovets/bulgaria but much better standards. When I first went borovets it was the last year of the lev so was v cheap but ive read its not as good valuesince they took the euro. Personally, I woild look at italy if you r doing trip on a budget. V cheap, great runs and good hotels with nice food. Please accept my apologies if u have been bororvets a few times and you know what you are lookingfor. I know some people love the place and there is a ski forum just for Bulgaria (bulgariaski.com) but just thought itmay be worth mentioning other countries
Other people reading, please dont think im being snobby. I hold my hands up that I know next to nothing about resorts/skiing (hence all my questions in other posts) but if I was asking about Bulgaria, I would want someone to point out that there are much better places once you have been there already. Craigyboy, I m sure u will have a good time no matter where u book, as its what u make of it, but just wanted to air my opinion on Bulgaria. Hope it helps. (Dont knoe what your budget is but loads of last min deals for most resorts at the min)
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
CraigyBoy, went to borovets for first ever ski trip 5yrs ago. Im far from an expert in resorts or skiing but just wandering why u r choosing to go back. For me, it was great for very first time ax I didnt know any better but once I had been to bigger and better resorts I realised how poor the place is in comparison. It may work out cheap to book, but as it runs higher risk that other resorts of not getting good snow fall, it can work out xpensive if you cant ski due to lack ofsnow/heavy rain....which happened to us one day of our trip. Then there is lack of runs. I think borovets has approx 15runs (totalling 40km???l)....compare that to a cheap resort in italy (passo tonale is my experience) which has 100km runs for v similar price lift pass, plus food/drink prices in italy are v similar to borovets/bulgaria but much better standards. When I first went borovets it was the last year of the lev so was v cheap but ive read its not as good valuesince they took the euro. Personally, I woild look at italy if you r doing trip on a budget. V cheap, great runs and good hotels with nice food. Please accept my apologies if u have been bororvets a few times and you know what you are lookingfor. I know some people love the place and there is a ski forum just for Bulgaria (bulgariaski.com) but just thought itmay be worth mentioning other countries
Other people reading, please dont think im being snobby. I hold my hands up that I know next to nothing about resorts/skiing (hence all my questions in other posts) but if I was asking about Bulgaria, I would want someone to point out that there are much better places once you have been there already. Craigyboy, I m sure u will have a good time no matter where u book, as its what u make of it, but just wanted to air my opinion on Bulgaria. Hope it helps. (Dont knoe what your budget is but loads of last min deals for most resorts at the min)
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sorry, dont know why this has posted 4 times, could admin delete the duplicates
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Sorry, dont know why this has posted 4 times, could admin delete the duplicates
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
If you've already been, why on earth would you choose to go back?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I would go back as I have had two excellent holidays in Borovets. On both occasions the snow was excellent with fresh snow daily. I found there to be enough runs to keep busy for both holidays. I also found the attractions in the resort to be adequate. For the price i believe it is a cracking place to go. I do however understand what people are saying about how guaranteed the snow conditions are. If someone can suggest some alternatives for the same type of budget (including lift pass prices, drinks out etc) then i shall research them myself and consider these........
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Book at

www.gotoaustria.com/notborovets
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
CraigyBoy, I doubt you will get as cheap as Bulgaria but you will find better value. Borovets is fine for a couple of holidays and IF you are lucky with the snow and the crowds you can have a great time. I have been 3 times, once the snow was awesome, once ice, once a collection of slushy puddles with pine cones and mud.
Often you will find cheap deals for Italy and Austrias smaller areas (still bigger than borovets) with a better snow record (never any guarantee of course) and a better/quicker lift system. We loved Maria Alm in Austria and La Thuile in Italy both holidays half board/flights/liftpass/ski carriage/transfers booked early cost around £500, there are deals available at the moment cheaper still. In Maria alm last year it was under £3 a pint, I can't remember Italian prices. It is a little more expensive compared to Borovets but the food is HOT and tasty where in Bulgaria it seemed you can have one or the other. The toilets are much nicer too!
If Bulgaria has been your only experience of skiing then have a change, there are a lot of resorts out there. Check out last minute chalet deals, these work out real cheap as pretty much all your food is included so your spending money is pretty much just bar bills!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Whats your total budget per person (budget for flights, accom, lift pass and equipment) and then budget for spends on the slopes. We paid 750 for a 4.5* spa hotel in ellmau. Lift pass wilk be 180 and equipment approx 100.this is just over our usual 1k each budget but the hotel looks great and always nice to have a spa pool to relax into. The skiwelt ski area is probably 8times more than borovets so the extra 20quid for lift pass is v reasonable. We booked through thomss cook. Would have booked through neilson as they r often a bit cheaper but their website 2as down on the night of booking. Italy is very good value. Nice long runs, cheap but nice food, high resort so good snow. Personally, I wojldnt go back to Bulgaria after skiing bigger and better resorts. For me, this sums Bulgaria up (dont view if squeamish. ?..ive actually been here and its exactly as viewed)http://youtube.com/v/wOIYm5B_Pw8&feature=youtube_gdata_player go italy, or austria for great value, great apres ski, better chance of good snow and hardly anymore of your budget
snow report
Whats your total budget per person (budget for flights, accom, lift pass and equipment) and then budget for spends on the slopes. We paid 750 for a 4.5* spa hotel in ellmau. Lift pass wilk be 180 and equipment approx 100.this is just over our usual 1k each budget but the hotel looks great and always nice to have a spa pool to relax into. The skiwelt ski area is probably 8times more than borovets so the extra 20quid for lift pass is v reasonable. We booked through thomss cook. Would have booked through neilson as they r often a bit cheaper but their website 2as down on the night of booking. Italy is very good value. Nice long runs, cheap but nice food, high resort so good snow. Personally, I wojldnt go back to Bulgaria after skiing bigger and better resorts. For me, this sums Bulgaria up (dont view if squeamish. ?..ive actually been here and its exactly as viewed)http://youtube.com/v/wOIYm5B_Pw8&feature=youtube_gdata_player go italy, or austria for great value, great apres ski, better chance of good snow and hardly anymore of your budget
snow conditions
I was looking at spending around £550 on the holiday. I wouldnt need any ski rental or tuition. So just accomodation, flights, transfers, lift pass, insurance and ski carriage. I would take around £200 cash for the week for drinks and lunch.

So thats the budget. Ive been looking at Arinsal and this seems to look like a nice resort. How do people rate this resort, what are local costs like?

Thanks for the good feeback.
latest report
What about the N resort? Niederau is quite cheap. Half board with flights etc. about £400-500. Lift pass about £200? Bew links now opened which makes ski area far bigger. Maybe one option is to wait for a last minute deal?
snow report
Just to let people know. I have ended up booking a trip to Arinsal in Andorra for the date I wanted. Cannot wait!!
snow report
iv been to both resorts, arinsal/pal wins hands down in my opinion,ideal for beginners/early intermediates, nightlifes great too. have a great time
snow conditions
and just a 40 minute drive to Pas de la Casa / Soldeu
ski holidays
rizzotherock,

Blimey, don't diss Bulgaria unless you have a bunker to hide in. Razz
snow report
ha, only went borovets with a first timer to see if skiing was for him, certainly wouldnt be in any hurry to go back there tho whereas been andorra 4 times, no comparison in my book.
snow conditions
rizzotherock,

Look out! Incoming. wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy