Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Boot liner seam pinching

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hi, my daughter's boots are generally very comfortable she says...except where there is a seam half way up the liner.It is where the slightly furry material at the top is joined to the smooth lower half.she says it feels like it is pinching. Any ideas? Ace day in VT btw despite being the involuntary stunt clown off piste again. Steep learning curve Smile[/i]
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
To clarify, its pinching at the back, about 5 ok inches up.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
One of them thar 'skins' things to stop blisters? or take a look at what may be pushing or rubbing from either side of the lined and it it moved when she puts the boot on.

You could of course refer her to rule 5 . . . it's never too early to learn Little Angel
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
have a look at the rear of the liner.
there may be something sticking out around that area.
also check the shell behind the area.

had similar problem with mine and had to cut out a piece of plastic in the rear of the liner that didn't do anything apart from push into an artery crossing my Achilles tendon. nicely cutting off the blood to my feet.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Masque, seriously? Rule 5?!? - dude .....

All liners have seams - it seems a litle odd that it should be 'pinching. If the above does not work I'd try putting her in some technical socks. It sounds like the difference in liner materials may be causing some sock rucking which is actaully what is causing the problem. Another trick is to get her to wear some thin silk liner socks. That should cause a reduction of friction btween her foot and the outer sock. In any event, check she is really pulling up her socks after she puts on her boot but prior to tightening the buckles
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
RattytheSnowRat, Tongue, cheek, shove, dood rolling eyes
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Neville, I'm thinking of cutting out the ankle/Achilles padding on mine too. Going around the houses with boot/footbed modifications and still getting nowhere. Dead toes (last three mainly) and ball area on both feet. Just had new footbeds made after nearly two painful years with the old ones, and they're even worse after 30+ minutes. Even with ALL buckles/strap undone, still getting numb toes.
Thinking of buying new boots, but may get a knife to the liner padding first.
Did you just make a small slit and pull the plastic/foam out, or do you have to butcher them and re-sow them back up?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy