Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where to go Feb half term 2014?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are starting to look for February 2014 already. Normally its just the two of us and we go out of term time, booking more last minute, but next year we are proposing a big family holiday so we have to go during Feb half term. My partner and I are both intermediate skiers, but the rest of the family are brand new, having all decided to take up skiing this year.

I need some suggestions on where to go.....

We want a catered chalet solely to ourselves. There'll be approximately 8 adults (aged 28 to 45) and 4 children (aged 8 to 11), although these numbers are not finalised yet and there may be more adults.

Within the group will be myself and partner (both good intermediates, liking a good selection of red runs) but everyone else will be a near beginner. The rest of the group are all proposing lessons at Chill Factor in Manchester to get to them a minimum basic standard before going abroad but will still all want blue runs with the odd easy red.

The adults want a bit of apres ski but nothing too raucous. All the adults are the sort of people who will like a few beers in the bar at the end of the piste before retiring to the chalet for dinner and more wine! No-one is into nightclubbing or anything mad! We just need somewhere with nice bars and somewhere nice to eat on the chalet staffs night off.

The resort also needs to have some other entertainment.... ice rinks, ski-dooing, etc etc.... something to keep the kids happy!

Most importantly it needs to be somewhere which is *reasonable* to go to in Feb half-term. I know its impossible to ask to find a resort during half term that is quiet, but we'd like somewhere that is as quiet as possible during the Feb half-term. Any hidden gems out there?

For most people in the group it'll be their first ever ski holiday so I want to make sure they all love it and carry it on! We were thinking somewhere in France such as Alpes D'Huex or La Rosiere, or somewhere in Austria. Has anyone got any good suggestions or know of any hidden gems?

We've also considered Easter holidays, but I believe Easter is mid-April in 2014 so I'm not sure where will be snow-sure or safe to go. More likely it'll be Feb half-term but Easter is also an option.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just answered you on the other thread...
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy