Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Garmin Forerunner 110 - any use

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thinking of getting one of these to map days skiing ... is skiing supported - can it be maaped ? Puzzled
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Depends what you mean by is skiing 'supported'. Skiing, walking and other recreation activities that don't need turn by turn routing all do pretty much the same thing. You can track your path and see where you've been. if you have a suitable map installed, you can also use it to work out where to go when off-piste, but it's worth having a proper map with you as well if you're doing that sort of thing.

I've just picked up a Garmin Oregon, and although it has a basic recreational European map, I'll probably see if there's more detailed maps for where I go skiing.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The 110 is a very simple runners watch that just tells you distance and pace/time etc. There's no mapping.

You can, however, download your track to any suitable website that'll take a GPX or a TCX file.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I think it's got similar functionality to my Garmin Edge 205 which is the biking version. I've used mine quite a lot for skiing and upload it to Gamin Connect. Example here. http://connect.garmin.com/activity/163718356
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
andy from embsay wrote:
The 110 is a very simple runners watch that just tells you distance and pace/time etc. There's no mapping.

You can, however, download your track to any suitable website that'll take a GPX or a TCX file.

Ahh for simple tracking, I use a cheap USB GPS logger that cost £25.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/CONRAD-GT-730FL-S-GPS-Data-Logger/dp/B005OJUKAW/ref=pd_cp_lp_0?tag=amz07b-21

Unless you want to see the information there and then, a simple logger should do the job fine.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Not used it, yet, but looks promising:

http://www.maprika.com/
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
With the difference in price between the 110 and the 410 being around £20 when I bought in the autumn I opted for the 410. The OH uses his 405 for skiing and it works fine. If you can find a 410 at a decent price I'd go for that.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy