Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone played that skiing board game??

Poster: A snowHead
There is a skiing board game, can't remember what it's called???

I am thinking of tracking it down for a 'skiing' themed party we are having soon!

Anyone know it? Played it? Any good? Suitable for playing after having had a few?? Wink

Thanks!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
sarah, the game is by SCHUSS and is often called The Ski Board Game, but its proper name is The Downhill Race of Ski Knowledge and Nerve. Snow and Rock sell it. Learn all about it here .
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Jonpim, thanks! That's it. Looks like fun Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I think Natives also sells it...
http://www.natives.co.uk/shop/index.htm?rhs

http://www.natives.co.uk/acatalog/Natives_Schuss_Board_Game_53.html
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Guys, hate to mention it, but SCGB currently have an offer on it for half price, and free p&p. I played it for the 2nd time last week, is funny, but a lot of the questions are repeated, and you need good European knowledge. Good giggle in the bar, at end of the evening wtih fellow skiiers - espcially the forfits (my interpretation of a skiing Barbie was memorable i am sure!) Embarassed
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Ok, here is the link. Hope is useful.

http://www.skiclub.co.uk/skiclub/news/item.asp?intCategoryID=4&intItemID=1954
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
One of our number, dg3, has this the webpage for this game (http://www.schuss.co.uk/) as his homepage - I believe he may be the author...
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi fellow snowheads - yip I invented Schuss, I'm thrilled you like it...I'm trying an offer with the Ski Club of GB (which will run out at the end of March) to test our RRP for next season...it was selling at £29.95 this year in S&R etc....next year I'm planning for £19.95...what do you guys reckon???
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
sounds good to me. We got 1 copy at the ski show, and then another from the SCGB offer. Can you run a competition on your site for new questions and forfits? I think snowheads might have good stuff to contribute. snowHead
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I think snowheads would have brilliant stuff to contribute. The tough thing is the categorising of the questions into blue, red and black run difficulty (questions alone took me 6 months of slogging and researching - and clearly there is still room for improvement). Maybe we could run a test here, to see how it goes....howzabout we see which snowhead can come up with the best new wipeout dare (try and connect it in someway to skiing eg. tell the person to your right one + and one - thing about their ski outfit (nasty!), yodel your national anthem etc...before I head to Soldeu next Friday (yahoo), best 3 wipeout ideas (from 3 individuals...ie. contribute 1 each) win a brand spanking new Schuss game delivered to their door....are you guys up for a wipeout?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
dg3, the game is great fun at family gatherings. Especially if there a few skiiers around. I was pleasantly surprised by how well non-skiiers can do at the game.

Supplimentary/Additional question packs would be a good idea somewhere between £5-10 as once you have played the game a few times you know all the answers
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
It sounds like the questions are the hardest bit of creating it in the first place! Of course, with the combined resources of snowheads, I'm sure extra questions could be generated pretty easily - perhaps that's a way of financing the website going forwards???
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
the questions were tough, but the hardest thing is the constant play/test/design cycle...that seems to last forever (18 months)....even getting an architect to design the boards log cabins Smile....getting retailers to list it....so all-in-all q's wern't too bad;)
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
What about adding it to the shopping area of snowheads? Exclamation
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
dg3 wrote:
howzabout we see which snowhead can come up with the best new wipeout dare?

Don't know if it is meant to be aimed at children; if so this first one might not be appropriate:
- for the rest of the duration of the game you must act the part of a lecherous ski instructor. Choose your victim and behave towards them as you would were you in a broken-down gondola with them.
- your bread fell in the fondue. Kiss the person to your right.
- yodel your country's national anthem on your head
- compose a ski-related limerick about the player two places to your left and sing it to them (during the game) when they are not expecting it.
Cool

PS I want royalties if you use them Wink
snow report
hi michael...I take it you mean the buy, sell, exhange section? mmmm I might be able to do better than that....to help this most excellent community along...howabout I give you guys in the forum a great price on a copy of Schuss delivered to your door...and for every copy that is ordered from the forum I donate part of the cash to the upkeep of Snowheads....let me know what you think and I can do the maths...dg
latest report
nice one Kurt....love the limerick...could be tricky after a few shandies...and the game is for ages 12+, so the old lechy ski instructor may have to be keep for the adult wipeout version we ought to do!!! many thanks....you're in the wipeout draw!!!
snow report
dq3 No I meant in the shopping area right at the top of the home page. A link through to your site etc.
snow report
Here is a link to the appropriate page:
http://snowheads.com/phpbb/shop_with_snowHeads.htm
snow conditions
many thanks for the link Ian...apologies I'm being thick...can't see how to actually do what Ski France have done....couldn't see a contact or info button on the page???...maybe the administrater could contact me seperately to sort out with me and save the forum from my ramblings in cyperspace:)
ski holidays
admin is in Tignes this week but we'll get you together on his return.
ski holidays
Mmmm, forfeits and games. If it's for 12+ then the usual drinking ones are out Evil or Very Mad

-Kissing better the blistered left foot of the person to your right.

Side step round the table shouting "Follow me" "Bend Ze Knees" (BASI level 1)

-Play the rest of the game in Goggles, hat and gloves.

-Inhale deeply from the ski boot (shoe) of the youngest other player.

I could go on all night.
ski holidays
Ah but marc as dg3 said there could be a special adult version add in with 18+ on the box Laughing

Actually that could be quite good, say at a chalet holiday, once the kids have finished playing and are in bed swap the cards for a different set Razz
snow conditions
nice one DG Orf, the 18+ version would allow the "adult play" wipeouts to emerge (maybe a bit of saloppette swapping!)...we're also thinking of doing different subject question cards eg. Ski, Snowboard, New School, Snow Trivia, equipment spotter. Marc, you sound like you have the potential to be a wipeout writing king...love the "play the rest of the game in goggles etc".
ski holidays
forfeits sutiable for the younger ones:

take your kit off, go outside and roll in the snow (or have snowballs stuffed down your back by your unwilling opponents)
drink horrible concoction devised and prepared by opponents
'dizzy yourself up' then perform selected balancing acts (standing on one leg, 'the tree', various other yoga positions I can't remember the names of)
tie dad's skiing socks (freshly used) roudn your neck for the rest of the game
play the rest of the game blindfolded or with earplugs or without speaking
act as servant for the rest of the game (fetching drinks and peanuts, plumping up the cushions under our weary bodies etc)
Toofy Grin
snow conditions
great kids wipeouts poma....at the ski show we found it was the wee one's who were v.interested in the game, so I think kids version could be very popular...love the servant one...I'm going to have to give a few credits on the next edition of Schuss Very Happy
latest report
Sounds great-need one quick.
snow report
As the initiator of this thread thanks all!

Sounds like just the sort of game to play for our ski themed party beginning of may...we will be 7 ski mad couples suffering withdrawal and desperately hanging on to the last memories of the season by having this party, wearing ski kit, drinking gluhwein, eating fondue outside with gas patio heaters Exclamation

DG3 thanks for inventing the game! I read the description about being holed up in the chalet and thought 'yep' that's just how we will be! Should I order it from SCGB site then or from you direct?? Could you send me a private mail with how best to order? Thanks snowHead
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
You see DG3, i knew we would have good stuff to contribute. Packs of top us cards are a great idea. I didnt want to have to buy a whole new game.
F.Y.I. Playing in Bulgaria last week, we got two consecutive questions on where was Borovets. Rest of bar couldnt work out why we laughed quite so hard!! Laughing
snow report
Yer dead right Robbie...wheels are in motion on the top-up cards...watch this space. Love the Boroverts chat...how spooky... Very Happy
latest report
Congratulations to Kurt Von Liebewitz, Marc Gledhill and Poma. As the best (and only 3 wipeout entries!) you win a copy of Schuss delivered to your doors. If you please send me a note of your mailing address a copy will be with you quick-smart. Writing this in Gatwick waiting for transfer to Toulouse....any snowheads around fancy a pint? Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy