Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Eurotest - has anyone a specific training plan?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
On a previous thread we established ( in 2011 ) that with a Level 2 you could take the Eurotest.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1746593&highlight=eurotest#1746593

I keep reading the older you get the harder it is to pass.

So i suppose i'm after serious responces

1. should I try and do it over the next two years given that i'm 43, male and never raced.
2. what are my chances if i train hard over the summer and do slalom training at a uk club
3. does anyone have any training plans that will assist over the summer.
4. I know i'll have to do courses as I've never raced but I worry if I dont look to doing it now I will end up not having a chance and I dont rate my chances now Smile
5. any other advice
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Curtains, You might also like to read the stuff here.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rjs, will do, i'm reading this too now i've been looking Smile http://followmyskis.com/tag/jjc-eurotest-training/
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Curtains, 37 the limit in age really, very very few pass over this as the stamina and training is usually beyond anybody older
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cynic, so unless they start taking age into account then i'm unlikely to progress past my level 3, curtains by name curtains close on a change in career Sad

To be honest I couldn't tell how I would cope due to lack of skill/training , yes i'm old, slightly overweight but it wasnt that long ago I was running a marathon and am still competitive lol I dont think age changes the last bit.

If I was to try I would have got back into training properly , running, bike and weights
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Curtains, Giant slalom is the most difficult discipline, first you will need to become a racer, and then train to be competitive to get within the necessary time, if you do not work full time on snow, or train for less than three months on snow and have the cash to buy the kit and the training the years are marching on. I wish you the very best of luck and will rent you a highly competitive ski at the lowest possible price to train and race on if you decide to have a go. (PM me) As my ESF mates say the easiest place to pass the eurotest is in Alpe D’Heuz
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Curtains wrote:
rjs, will do, i'm reading this too now i've been looking Smile http://followmyskis.com/tag/jjc-eurotest-training/

Another SnowHead, juliad, was training along with the blog author.

I would just pick a training provider to use next autumn and ask them for a fitness programme for the summer.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Curtains,
1) if your best game plan for life is to work as a ski instructor in France, yes (you have no choice)
2) poor
3) dunno
4) I don't rate your chances either (though I've never seen you ski)

I think if your ski level is that of an average Level 2, you've never raced and are athletically averagely able you'd need to have good (read: expensive) ski and fitness training over at least one whole winter to stand even a small chance. For more of a chance you'd either need to be a more solid piste performance skier already, have race experience, be athletically talented (and preferably 20 years younger), or aim at two winters (and that's if you avoid injury). Go to a UK dome-based race club over the summer. Or go to the beach! I know people younger than you who have been trying hard for several years (fitness, ET training courses, race training), spending the whole of each winter entirely in the Alps, who've either still not got it or only succeeded after many winter seasons' trying. It's only the guys in their early-twenties esp with previous race experience who can do one or two courses and pass it.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Curtains, two or three fourty somethings have gotten passes in the last couple years so it is possible but will require a lot of training and fitness, it isnt a few weeks but rather months on glaciers that will make the difference. Not sure that 37 is some kind of limit but the older you are the tougher it will be... You will most likely take numerous attempts to pass and spend many many weeks training GS. If you havent raced your chances are very limited unless you played another sport at a high level imv...

why do you want / need the eurotest? there are work opportunities for L2 and L3 instructors but if your goal or need is an L4 I would start race training asap. SL at your local club is a good way to get technical training and develop racing "nouce" although the SL and GS disciplines are quite different it would be a good use of time in the off season.

Good luck with it snowHead

for another source of fitness information drop the boys at JJC a line http://www.jjc-training.co.uk/index.html
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
1. It will be a difficult task for you if you are an Average Level 2. Do you have the time and money to do the necessary training?

2. Better than not but you would be much better getting on the snow in the summer on a glacier or southern hemisphere.
I would recommend Podiums summer camp in 2 Alpes in June as it is aimed at building the foundations and will give you an idea of the level involved and where you are at.

3. See 2 above plus get in the gym, if you don't know how to do a squat, get a personal trainer to teach you.

4. Its a tough test but I would be giving the same advice to a 23 year old level 2. Its perfectly possible for someone in their 40s to get fit enough to pass, the biggest issues are that when you are older you will not recover from minor injuries so quickly.

5. When it comes to the test if you don't believe you can pass you will not. Don't underestimate the psychological side and if necessary get training on this too.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy