Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Zurich To Murren By Rail

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello,

Does anyone know what type of return ticket we need to travel between Zurich Airport and Murren (out on a Thursday / back to Zurich on Sunday), have checked the SBB website but i'm none the wiser ...

Also is it worth going for the 1st class option - we are travelling over the Lauberhorn weekend so was wondering whether this would make for a more relaxing journey (going with the OH).

Thanks very much.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
franga, Swiss transfer pass is likely to be the cheapest. For foreign visitors only! Any journey from entry point into Switzerland and return, has to be bought in advance I think http://www.swisstravelsystem.co.uk/produkttexte.php?passid=3
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Claude B wrote:
franga, Swiss transfer pass is likely to be the cheapest. For foreign visitors only! Any journey from entry point into Switzerland and return, has to be bought in advance I think http://www.swisstravelsystem.co.uk/produkttexte.php?passid=3

yep it can only be brought outside the country, two days travel for only £85 bargain Smile

Also get the SBB iphone/andriod app it's spot on and it's what we all use.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
take a few kids as well, they're free wink
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
franga, Swiss trains are generally pretty comfortable so weather or not you go for first class is up to you. Now given that you are travelling out on a Thursday I think you are likely to be fine, Saturday is the worst (busiest) day with 10's of thousands trying to watch, Sunday is much quieter, Friday also fairly quiet by comparison Thursday only slightly busy

First class is nice if you get one of the shiny new trains though, wider seats and possibly quiet zones I once had an entire first class compartment to myself from Geneva to Bern watched a movie on my laptop with my headphones in Happy I've seen the scenery a lot of times before
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
franga, if you time it right, the Bern- Interlaken stretch is on a German ICE train. Very nice bar and beer serviçe and often very fetching barmaids.

First class is not necessary but we always do.

Otherwise, nice way to travel and very relaxing Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks all - very helpful.

Merry Christmas!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The prices go up as of the 1st January 2013 so buy them now. They also charge £3.50 admin charge rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Chris Brookes wrote:
They also charge £3.50 admin charge rolling eyes

Welcome to Switzerland Smile
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy