Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

silveretta montafon info

Poster: A snowHead
Hi. Although have been looking at soll, I came across silveratta montafon and fund out thomson are gojng there this year. Looks great in brichure but can any one offer advice on resort like prices in resort resort size, walking from hotels to lifts (close by or all buses in etc) there are some v nice hotels available where soll is selling out. As much as poss woukd be great. Is all the rezort skiable/connected ordo you have to bus between resortz. Thanks 4 any advice
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Jon Ford, do you think you will ever make a decision this season? rolling eyes

Bite the bullet and book somewhere FFS, then have fun finding out about it and watching the web cams! snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Jon Ford, it depends where about in the valley you are staying. There are a number of smaller resorts in the valley. Schruns is the biggest town, but its not that big!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ha ha, dont know if u are having a go at me or jesting. As had a glass of wine, I will go with latter. They both look really nice resorts. Looked a lot into soll and sounds great but as decent hotels booked up, the hotel we r lookjng at in silveretta + the resort itself would make a great hot, but as I know nithing abiut the placei thought I'd ask you guys.will be booking nxt couple of days so will stop pesteting people then
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Jon Ford, half and half. Either you book something now and take a gamble or you give it a miss this season and work on getting exactly the place you want next season. You really have left it too late to take your pick of the best locations and hotels, they were probably booked by regular guests last season as they checked out. That is the way most continentals work, they are extremely loyal to both resorts and hotels.

Silvretta is a wonderful area but to be honest until I know I know where exactly you are looking I'm not going to write anything as it is a pretty wide ranging place. What level of skiers are you and your party any way? snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hotel looking at is in gaschurn. Be nice to have picturesque town (snow covered church etc) good value mountain huts, good skiing.read there is appprox 150km runs which is fine 4 a week. Nice tree lines sound good. Just wandering if people have been there and if they look after runs, etc. Soundsgood place 2 go
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Samerberg Sue, me and wife going. 26 and 31. Both confident skiiers do nice cruisy blues and reds. Like watchjng other people di the jumps. Want place with some tree lines, picturesque and not too xpensive. Thanks 4 help
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Jon Ford, It is and it will not have many Brits there, so you will get a better "foreign experience" so to speak.

But seriously always looking for the Holy Grail of a resort is going to lead you into a mire of despondency. Pick somewhere and get excited about skiing in a particular place. If any of us locals are nearby we can always drop by and help you out. snowHead

Let's face it, you have really left it late to book any where. When are your preferred dates? Perhaps we can help you if you remind us of what it is you are actually looking for in this skiing Shangri-La? wink
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Silvretta-Nova area wil suit, but I think you will in the end be happier in Söll or one of the other Ski Welt resorts. Depending on when you want to ski of course.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I spent a week there staying in St Gallenkirch in March.

Excellent, extensive and varied skiing (snowboarding for us) spread across a number of different areas, some linked, some not.
Very good lift system.

StG has the best connections to the 2 main areas (no bus required) but is deadly quiet at night.

Schruns is the nicest looking place but not sure if any livelier.

Bus connections are very good and included in the lift pass, and distances are not great, so it doesn't matter too much where you stay.

It was sunbathing weather during our trip but I would love to go back with fresh snow - the Nova area has masses of wide open easily accessible off-piste which would be fantastic after a dump.

Hochjoch area is great for its long long runs down to Schruns and the tunnel!

Overall much cheaper than nearby StA/Lech/Ischgl etc but has similar feel of a fully developed modern ski area. Easy access from Zurich and Friedrichshafen. Not sure why it isn't better known amongst us Brits tbh.

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Fri 21-12-12 23:07; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Going either 26th jan or 2nd Feb. Quite simply after at least 120km runs, picturesque, good value (not france drink prices) cruisy blues and tree line runs. Not bothered about nightlife that much but some nice miuntain huts forlunch is good. I know soll hits above and from what I can tell silveretta does too, but just wanted to make sure its connected. Dont fancy skiing 1 small area then having to bus to another ski area within that "resort".
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Pic of yours truly on our first day in the Nova area, before the sun baking began.

(sorry not really relevant to you Jon Ford but couldn't resist Blush)

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Fri 21-12-12 22:56; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks hd, when you say some areas arent connected, roughly how often do you have to grab a bus. Not too bothered if its small distances. Would prob be staying in gaschurn
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Cool photo hd
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
hd, looks ace!

Jon Ford, SkiWelt will suit you well, I can't comment on the Montafon area as I haven't skied there yet.
ski holidays
IIRC Gaschurn has a lift directly into the Nova area, and from there it is possible to work your way over to Hochjoch on lifts and pistes, although it would take a while. You could probably spend a whole week in Nova though without getting too bored. Well worth doing a day in Gargellen and Golm which are both included on the pass. A bus to Gargellen in the morning and then back again in the evening is not at all a difficult logistical challenge. Golm is a bit further away and not sure about buses to there from Gaschurn. (we drove over from StG)

I really wouldn't worry too much about the finer details of logistics though. Assuming reasonably good snow you'll have a great time no matter where you stay.
snow report
Thanks clarky. Problem is thst as left so late not best hotels available in soll. We want to splash out a little snd get nice hotel. Silverrtta has v nice hotel for same as standard one at soll. So if silveretta is on psrr with soll we will book there
ski holidays
Jon Ford I've been to Ski Welt too (albeit 15+ years ago) and from what I can remember of it would choose Silvretta every time if given the option of visiting one of those areas again. But that's just my opinion. wink
ski holidays
Thanks hd. Just looking at map. Seems loads of runs without having to get a bus. Seems straight fwd to ski blues to hochjoch. Looks a promissing resort for what we r after plus standard of hotel would make it a great stay
snow report
Jon Ford, go for it. You can access the main ski area from where you're staying and as hd says do a day trip to Golm and one to Gargellen. English is widely spoken but still a bit of a novelty. Conversation I had on a chairlift at Golm.

"So which part of Scandinavia are you from?"
"I'm from England"
"England? You mean the island England?"
"Yes"
"Wow. We don't get anyone from England here. You're definitely from England?"
"Yes"
"We'll enjoy your stay, hope you feel welcome here" snowHead
snow report
ha ha, thats ace Elizabeth B, Been looking into it and think we are going to book tonight. Hotel has great reviews on Trip Adv. and photos look great, Not botheres about night life (heard that area is a bit quiet) as we ski every day, all day, so a nice hot chocolate and pancake will keep us going. According to Thomas Cook, there are only 2 rooms left for the week we want so gonna have to get on it...need to book before the wine opens though, otherwise I;ll end up booking 3 solid weeks!
Thanks again for advice. Will take the austrian dictionary!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy