Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Passo Tonale - pls share your thoughts

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

Just wondering whether Passo Tonale would be a good ski resort for an improver (OH needs to build confidence). Tonight I will put OH against the wall and force her to go skiing and forget about buying furniture in Jan Toofy Grin

It seems that the prices are quite competitive and I am just getting paranoid I will not find anything for 5th/6th (I know I need to hold fire and wait till 3rd or 4th Jan to book).

FLying from London, no-apres, good ski school for her (and me), nice Italian food, that is it!!!

Any comments/past experiences sharing are greatly appreciated,

rb51
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
See Livigno thread . . . Yup PT is perfect for an improver. Don't know about schools but apres is gentle, food great.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
redbaron51, Our second trip was to Tonale and both the kids and us had a great time. Ski school was spot on for our needs.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
redbaron51, I went to Passo Tonale in 2006.

Plus points: Good skiing for early intermediates, all blues and reds and all pretty easy. Accommodation all hotel-based and all very close to pistes. Nice, natural ice rink when it's cold enough. Good value for money. Day trips available to places like Madonna.

Minus points: It's a fairly ugly place, no village feel, just a string of buildings along a main busy road. It's high so no tree skiing unless you go down to Ponte di Legno. When the clouds come in you can't see a thing. Not much to entertain advanced skiers. Not much to do outside skiing, only a handful of shops and hotel bars.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Went in early April this year. Loved it - high alitude, good snow. Stayed at the Miramonti,. thought it was excellent. Italian ski school was excellent. Good range of skiing. It did lack character as a resort, however, so.we're off to nearby Folgarida this coming March.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

(OH needs to build confidence). Tonight I will put OH against the wall and force her to go skiing

Hmm. Cool
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
daveyladboy, which school did you have lessons with?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
My second ski trip was to Passo Tonale. We had a great time and, as others have said, it's great for intermediates. There are a couple of good blue runs, and some fairly straightforward red runs to progress onto. The only drawback as I recall was that the groups in the ski school were rather large (10-12) which is really too many and as an early intermediate I really didn't enjoy the ski school experience that much.

As others have said, Passo Tonale is really just a strip of hotels along a road, but the mountains are pretty impressive, including the Prescena Glacier, and the prices make it a pretty good choice.

Depending on what sort of deals you can find, it might worth having a look at La Plagne, as that's full of blue runs so great for improvers, and has a good ski school with English-speaking instructors (Oxygene).

SM.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I have very fond memories of Passo Tonale because it was my first week of skiing. The instructor that week was fantastic, but I only appreciated that after getting not so good instructors on later trips. I'd like to go back as it is getting on for 30 years ago I went.
Embarassed
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Redbaron51
Scuola Italiana sci. It's pretty much the only ski school in Passo Tonale.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
redbaron51, Go to Folgarida.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
+1
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
redbaron51, for an improver who may be short of confidence I'd say Passo T is going to be ideal. Lots of gentle blues to progress on. It can be rather bleak if weather closes in, but bar that wld def recommend it for your purpose. Good luck in persuading her to forego furniture...FWIW you may find deals start to look v competitive in next few days whereas going right to the wire cld mean cheaper but w limited choice.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy