Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

French Document Translation Advice

Poster: A snowHead
French apartment rental document but this does not make sense when using a translation program:-

ils ne comprennent pas le linge de maison, les draps, les taies, D'oreillers et les torchons

Can anyone help?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
FraserP, some

linge de maison, household linen
les draps, sheets
les taies,/ D'oreillers et pillows/cases
les torchons - tea towel

I thnk
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Next para graph:-

l’assurance annulation. Toutefois, je m’engage à fournir par retour de
courrier une attestation en responsabilité civile, précisant la couverture sur les biens mobiliers.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Final Paragraph:-

Nous vous proposons la location citée ci-dessous pour la période indiquée, et dont le prix est « TOUT
COMPRIS ».
Nous vous remercions de bien vouloir nous retourner cette proposition de location datée et signée par vos
soins, SOUS 8 JOURS, avec un chèque d’acompte (montant précisé ci-dessous) libellé à l’ordre de
l’Immobilière de la Terche, faute de quoi la présente proposition sera considérée comme nulle.
A réception de votre courrier, nous vous enverrons le contrat de location, ainsi que la documentation sur la
station.
Vous souhaitant bonne réception de ce courrier,
Et dans l’attente de vous lire,
Nous vous prions d’agréer, Madame, Monsieur, l’expression de nos salutations distinguées.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
OK I think it should be a lower case "D", but then I do not speak French.

The google translate is " "they do not include linen, sheets, pillowcases, pillows and towels D'"

It looks like the standard bring your own sheets, pillowcases and towels to me. I would also take duvet covers.

Later on there is probably a section where you can hire them.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Claude B wrote:
FraserP, some

linge de maison, household linen
les draps, sheets
les torchons - tea towel

I thnk

Thanks

ils ne comprennent pas le ?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

linge de maison,
les draps, sheets
les torchons - tea towel

"ils ne comprennent pas" They are not included.

i.e. you don't get em. (from all the agencies I've rented from you've been able to rent sheets and pillowcase, I think in les menuires where we rented direct from the owner they came from a place in the Croisette )
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
johnE wrote:
OK I think it should be a lower case "D", but then I do not speak French.

The google translate is " "they do not include linen, sheets, pillowcases, pillows and towels D'"

It looks like the standard bring your own sheets, pillowcases and towels to me. I would also take duvet covers.

Later on there is probably a section where you can hire them.
Thanks, that makes sense
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
FraserP wrote:
Next para graph:-

courrier une attestation en responsabilité civile, précisant la couverture sur les biens mobiliers.

cancellation insurance. However, I commit to return by mail a certified copy of "responsabilite civile" (i. e own insurance contract OR what you call public liability in the UK) inlcuding and listing its terms regarding the house, households and its furnishings
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
FraserP wrote:
Final Paragraph:-

Nous vous proposons la location citée ci-dessous pour la période indiquée, et dont le prix est « TOUT
COMPRIS ».
Nous vous remercions de bien vouloir nous retourner cette proposition de location datée et signée par vos
soins, SOUS 8 JOURS, avec un chèque d’acompte (montant précisé ci-dessous) libellé à l’ordre de
l’Immobilière de la Terche, faute de quoi la présente proposition sera considérée comme nulle.
A réception de votre courrier, nous vous enverrons le contrat de location, ainsi que la documentation sur la
station.
Nous vous prions d’agréer, Madame, Monsieur, l’expression de nos salutations distinguées.

We suggest the rental and its term cited below for the mentioned duration, whcih fee is all inclusive.
We expect (litterally thank you in advance) to return this written proposition/agreement, dated and signed, within 8 days together with the deposit by way of bank cheque to Immobiliere de la Terche. Should you fail to do so the present rental proposition/agreement would be void.
Upon reception of the aforementioned document we will send you the final rental contract and the resort's tourist informations.
3 lines of typical formal(ish) business politeness formulas/blurb.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Many thanks everyone
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
volklwaffen wrote:
"responsabilite civile" (i. e own insurance contract OR what you call public liability in the UK)

Third-party liability policy, most likely. Common here in CH at least. Intended to cover any damage you might cause to the property. Maybe check your household insurance to see if it covers TPL
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
ils ne comprennent pas le linge de maison, les draps, les taies, D'oreillers et les torchons

household linen (inc towels) , sheets, pillow cases, tea towels not included

Cancellation insurance. I agree to send back by return formal proof that I have liability insurance including a specific clause relating to furnished rental appartments

COMPRIS ».
station.

The rental quotation is for the dates indicated is with an all inclusive price (note: referring to water, electric etc)
Please return this rental quotation dated and signed within 8 days, accompanied by a cheque made payable to l’Immobilière de la Terche for the amount listed below. If you do not do this the rental quotation is considered null and void.
When we recieved your letter we will send you the booking contract and resort information.
Yours sincerely
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Third-party liability sounds quite specific and might be right although I am not sure what would be the difference between third-party liability and public liability. I am under the impression the latter would cover damage to physical entities.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
They want to see proof that you are insured against damage to the apartment, which could be far greater than the damage deposit, usually paid by a cheque returned to you uncashed if all is well. your holiday insurance might well already include this.
latest report
@pam w, spammer reviving an old thread?
ski holidays
@Hells Bells, you're right! Was dashing out skiing and didn't notice. rolling eyes
ski holidays
Just a thought. Could the owners of SnowHeads have an autolock/closed feature on threads that have passed a period of time?
snow conditions
@Mike-H,
why?
ski holidays
This thread is from December 12. Its dead. Served its purpose and needs no further comment. Stops drive by spammers. Just a thought. Its quite common on popular forums.
snow conditions
When I first read this I thought @Hells Bells was saying @pam w was a spammer but then realised a post must have been deleted. Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy