Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chamonix New Year backcountry buddies

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are in Cham from NYE until 10th January and as 2 the guiding works out a bit steep. Does anyone want to make up a group up to say 6 maximum? We a decent riders and I have done a fair amount of backcountry in Chamonix.

Party on!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Laughing
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You can share guides through the Compagnie du Guides. www.chamonix-guides.com
You can choose your language, ability etc and then they'll let you know what availability they have.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Great and thanks Chambles. I will contact them today for sure.

Anyone out there up for joining?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Might well be interested. In Cham til 5th (4th is the last ski day). Pm me if you're still looking for joiners.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We are interested and will be booking the odd day for sure. How many of you are there and what's the best days assuming we would look at 2nd to 4th to work around your dates?

Cheers

Paul
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sportus, I'm just one (here with family who don't ride off piste). The best days for me are those with fresh snow and good weather! ie any of the days are ok.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Cool. I will make a few calls and come back to you in the next couple of days unless you know any of the Cham guides by chance?

Do you have an email address I can use for speed?

Cheers
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'll be in Cham during these dates and am interested if you're still looking for somebody on any of dates you'll be here.
I've skied and toured around Cham a fair bit.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi,

We have had one other interested so a group of 4 would be perfect. We were thinking between the 2nd and 4th for the first day to work in with the other guys dates. Does that work with you?

Cheers

Paul
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Any of those dates would be good for me. Just let me know nearer the time what the plan is and I'll be along
cheer, Simon
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Guys it looks like little fresh before Tuesday. When are you in Cham from as maybe 3rd or 4th better? I can ring the guides unless one of you are there already and check the backcountry conditions assuming no more dumps before 2nd? What do you guys think?

Paul
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hey Paul,

Was skiing today off piste at La Flegere and remote backcountry looked pretty avalanchy. Some weird weather on the way, Foehne wind tomrrow which will heat everything up and maybe a little more snow on 1st Jan. Not sure how this will affect the snowpack. Overall though, I'd check with the guide.
Personally I'm happy to play it by ear nearer the time as am free any date 2nd thru 10th.

cheers,
Simon
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'm here in Chamonix already. I happen to be doing a little ski touring course so i will ask him his thoughts tmr. I can also check if he is available next week (suspect not) if you dont have anyone in mind.

In terms of current conditions, it snowed (and rained lower down) Xmas and yesterday. Yesterday's snow was accomanied by a lot of wind so some areas have less snow than before and others have wind slab. As a consequence a lot of stuff got left alone today (I was at le tour). My guess is that there will still be plenty with short hikes skins even after a few days as the snow settles down (it will be warm tmr and should be cold the day after - we are experiencing big temp changes at the moment). As for picking a day I suspect that is a bit of a lottery as the current weather seems hard to predict. Forecasts I'm looking at right now say snow on ny's day, I bet a couple of hours back they said something different...

Should we meet for a ski anyway when you guys arrive assuming it is not the right day for guide?

Should we continue this conversation by email?
SB Blush Little Angel
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
My mail is pauldotmccaugheyataucapitaldotcom..not sure if email addresses are picked up hence the long form version!

Looks the snow on NYD means Tuesday seems good. We are happy to book for that day if you guys fancy it?

Paul
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy