Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

'Tour de Ski' - major international competition - may be announced by the FIS

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The 'Tour de Ski', a long-planned ski competition based on the success of the Tour de France, may be announced by the International Ski Federation shortly.

The event would fill the normally empty New Year period in international ski competition. If it goes ahead it will start on 29 December and end on 8 January. The 10-day event would involve eight stages over ten days, departing from Munich, going through the Austrian Alps, to end in Italy. The stages will feature various cross-country disciplines such as a sprint in the form of a prologue and a stage in pursuit.

This report from Eurosport.

Any comments?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Oh I hoped for a moment that they'd put skitouring in as a competitive sport (though how?). But it's cross-country...boring.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
That's true ... the title does suggest it.

The best example of competitive ski touring I know is the Patrouille des Glaciers, from Zermatt to Verbier, every two years. It's a brilliant event, mainly involving military-fitness teams of three, who trek over the mountains between the two resorts. The fastest teams complete the course at night, using head torches.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I suspect it will involve a very short stretch on Jan1 because otherwise how are they going to celebrate New Years Eve, even ski instructors get that day off in the alps Laughing
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cedric, apart from the Patrouille des Glaciers there are numerous ski touring races. I've even seen it televised in Italy. The races are exactly that - get from A to B as fast as you can over a set course

edit: sometimes it's from A to A ie a circular course
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy