Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Knee Injury...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Guy,

Long story short, I damaged my right knee in France a couple of years ago in Meribel (some French guy came crashing into) and I also vaguely remember twisting my knee when I fell over a year later in L2A.

Now my Knee no longer feels as strong as my left , I remember in Meribel that as soon as I hurt my right knee that I found it VERY difficult to turn to the left (guess that makes sense).

I was in L2A last year and used a knee support, I managed to ski ok (reds mainly), but my knee def got fatigued more than my left and ended up aching about half way through the day.

I also have problems in the gym as I get worried when I squat as my right knee starts to feel funny when I try to go as heavy as I like.

On another note I still have good Range of movement on my knee and it doesn’t lock or anything like that. One weird thing is that I often feel the need to extend in in and out to kinda crack my knee (like when you do when you crack your fingers)

Any thoughts what this could be? I thought maybe ACL but I don’t think it’s as serious as that as I still have good range of motion.

Cheers guys.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sounds more likely that it's meniscus (cartledge) than an ACL but I'd go a see a doctor.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sambo, It's probably not the 'knee' that's getting tired rather your leg in general. If you've suffered an injury it may be that the discomfort has meant that you've lost muscle on that leg which in turns means the joint is under more stress.

As ever best to see a good sports physio in the first instance.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
AndAnotherThing.., interesting, is it better to work the hamstring or glutes or both to help give better support?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sambo, My physio had\has me working on Quads & Hamstrings after my ACL op.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy