Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes- staying in Le Breviers

Poster: A snowHead
We are staying in Challet Chardon in Les Brevieres over xmas but we have a few questions please. Me and my dad (72 year old dad) will be skiing on the piste all day. My son (3 years of age) will be getting lessons starting at 9am in Tignes le Lac. My wife is coming with us but will not be skiing as pregnant but she wants to watch our son learn.

OK now you understand the situation I have a few questions please:

1. What time do the ski lifts open in the morning?
2. How can we get our son up to le lac? what are the choices?
3. If we have to drive everyday will we need snow chains on? Will the roads be safe?
4. If we drive up to Le Boisses and my wife and son can get the bus can I leave the car there?
5. Could my son take the ski lift with my wife from Les Brevieres to Le lac (none of them ski)

Thanks for reading.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Never stayed in Brevières, but

1) 08:30 I think.
2) Ski bus. Either that or a taxi. There's no other real way to do it - getting up via the ski system will be tricky. If you have a rental car, then driving up will probably be the easiest.
3) If you have winter tyres, then you'll be fine. You will only need the chains if you're driving on hard-packed snow. Don't use them on tarmac! If you have your own car without winter tyres, then be careful on the bends. It's not a tricky drive, but it's quite a bendy road.
4) Yes, Boisses is mostly pedestrian and there's a free car park.
5) No. There's a gondola from Brevières that goes half way. From there you'll need a couple of chairs and some red runs to get into Le Lac. Pretty much all routes would involve a red run. Quicker to catch the bus or drive.

Have a good trip.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Stumbler.
Great information. Will drive them to Les Boisses as I have my own car there!

Thank you so much!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
gravitate,

1) The Lifts from Les Brevieres and Les Boisses open at 9am.
2) The free bus timetable is here, it looks to me as if you would need to get the 8:00 bus up to be sure of getting your son to his lessons. I think you might be better driving up to Le Lac.
3) You might need chains every day, you might not.
4) There is free parking in Les Boisses.
5) You can't get to Le Lac on lifts without skiing.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

From there you'll need a couple of chairs and some red runs to get into Le Lac. Pretty much all routes would involve a red run. Quicker to catch the bus or drive.

Actually, you only need to get the Brevieres chair, the new Boisses bubble and then take a single blue (rhododendron/petit col) all the way down to Le Lac.

Quote:

2. How can we get our son up to le lac? what are the choices?

I wouldn't drive it. Take the bus! The Breviere chair is free for pedestrians, so your son and wife can get the chair up to Les Boisses (prob quicker than taking the car) and then the bus up to Le Lac.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Well that is even better news then Smile No driving. Great. Thanks
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The drive from Les Brevs to Le Lac is dead easy on good roads. I did it every day on my last holiday, for the same reason as you - kid in Le Lac ski school.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
OH rjs I just read yours. Damn will have to drive then Sad
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi I think I am going to just drive up to Le Lac. I can take my board etc and just board down to meet my dad`.. But is there any where to park for free in Le Lac please?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Parking for free in a convenient place - not really no Sad. But the paid car park under the tourist office is well situated. You walk out of it straight onto the snow at the Aeroski lift.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
wow. I am starting to wish I booked elsewhere now. We were told it was easy to get to le lac. how much is the parking for a day do you know at all please?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
gravitate, Its €75 for the week.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

Actually, you only need to get the Brevieres chair, the new Boisses bubble and then take a single blue (rhododendron/petit col) all the way down to Le Lac.

The only snag with this is the Rhododendron bit is up hill. From the Boisses or Brev bubbles you have to take the Aiguille Rouge Chair to get to bluets or petit col.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mr Piehole, The paid carpark under the tourist office is closed for renovation, P2 is open though which brings you up next to the garage.

gravitate, Car Park prices are here, basically 75 euros for the week, it may be less if you are only parking for a few hours each day but prices for that don't seem to be on the website. You could always ask. I guess you could always drive up to Le Lac, throw out wife and kid then drive back down to Les Boisses to park.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
RJS yeah that seams the easiest I guess. Then they can get the bus back and call me when they are on the way. Oh well not the perfect start to each morning but do able. I will have to go easy on the old vino in that case
ski holidays
chocksaway, depends how much momentum you've built up. wink
latest report
Quote:
We were told it was easy to get to le lac
Who told you that?

If you are not taking lessons it's a great place to stay and it is easy to connect into the main lift system. But having a 3yo going to morning ski lessons in Lac and a non skiing mum it's sh'te.
latest report
gravitate, Who are you having lessons with in Le Lac? ESF do lessons based in Brev. IMHO it would be a pain to get to Lac for 9am every morning. It might be better to cancel and rebook wit ESF in Brev.
snow conditions
gravitate, just drive. It's honestly no big a deal. I turned it into a game each morning, to see how fast I could do it Twisted Evil

12 minutes was my record by the way.
latest report
He is having skiing lessons with les marmottons. We booked through Chalet Chardons who told us that évolutuion 2 'would teach our son and would come and pick him up. We then paid the non refundable deposit and settled the rest. A week after I started to confirm with the ski schools and evolution 2 have a minimum age restriction of 4 (I told chalet chardons my son was 3). So that idea was out of the window and now we have to drive him up every day.
We booked into their 'luxury'chalet. It had better be good to make up for this situation we are faced with now Confused
ski holidays
gravitate, the really good news is that Les Marmottons is fantastic (I've raved about them elsewhere on sHs). Your kid will love it. Don't sweat the driving, honestly. It's not that big a deal.
snow report
Little report on Les Marmottons what I wrote
snow report
Piehole. Well that does sound good indeed. What do you think of my wife standing around watching him?
snow report
gravitate wrote:
What do you think of my wife standing around watching him?

You can have a cheeky spy from a distance. We used to have a coffee on the nearby cafe terrace, and watch them all trudging back from lunch. You also get a birdseye view from out of the Aeroski.

But don't be visible to him, otherwise it'll cause problems.

You need to wipe the stinging tears from your eyes, turn around, and walk away.
ski holidays
LOL ok looks like all my wife has to do is have the odd dip in the jacuzzi all morning then
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy