Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne - good for beginners/intermediates

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hi all

Is La Plagne good for beginners/intermediates? WOuld probably book a week leeson with ESF

My OH needs to build confidence and therefore I want to take her to a place with loads of wide runs so she can cruise and let the fear go away.

I have been thinking about Cervinia-Italy; but have been offered a chalet in La Plagne at a quite good rate.

Week 5th or 6th Jan
No apres
Accommodation with food
Flights (London) + transfers

Would like to hear your comments.

thanks, rb51
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Absolutley ideal week for quiet slopes and ideal resort that week for confidence boosting Very Happy
Which village are you looking at?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Boredsurfing, I believe it is the main Plagne 1800.

Roussete Chalet:

"The main Plagne 1800 chairlift is only 150m from the chalet and the complimentary ski bus to Plagne Centre stops just 80m away"
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
redbaron51, Can't go far wrong with 1800 Two fast chairlifts out and The Petit Chaperone Rouge is one of the best restaurants Very Happy
1800 also has it's own ESF set up with Nursery areas and two beginner lifts.
There's a snowHead called Chalet Girl who is there all season I expect she will be along soon to this thread Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The pistes are perfect for beginners......simples!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Agreed, so +1
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Boredsurfing wrote:
redbaron51, Can't go far wrong with 1800 Two fast chairlifts out and The Petit Chaperone Rouge is one of the best restaurants Very Happy
1800 also has it's own ESF set up with Nursery areas and two beginner lifts.
There's a snowHead called Chalet Girl who is there all season I expect she will be along soon to this thread Very Happy

Smile am I late?? Smile

redbaron51 -

I'd seriously recommend Reflex for ski lessons - especially of you can do a few hours of private lessons. I'm not keen on ESF here after seeing them on the slopes. we use Oxygene for group lessons. I was taught to ski by Christophe at Reflex then did a week in ski school with Oxygene. both very good. but I'd prefer private lessons personally - especially for confidence boosting. Smile

maybe catch up with you in jan Smile I live next door to the best restaurant in Plagne 1800 Very Happy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
+1 for Oxygene group lessons. My wife and our kids used them last season and will again Jan 2013 and can't speak highly enough of them.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
chaletgirl, Hi Chalet Girl, thanks for the tips
do you know this chalet: Roussette????
Prices in la Plagne seem cheaper than Cervinia...

In terms of lift pass, what do you think we would need? La Plagne only???

Cheers
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
redbaron51 wrote:
chaletgirl, Hi Chalet Girl, thanks for the tips
do you know this chalet: Roussette????
Prices in la Plagne seem cheaper than Cervinia...

In terms of lift pass, what do you think we would need? La Plagne only???

Cheers

I don't know the chalet except to walk past. But SkiWorld are supposed to be good (?) I've met one of the Reps and they seemed switched on Very Happy The position is pretty good. The walk to the piste is quite steep. But you are walking distance to that 'best restaurant'!! For a proper beginner you might want to stop in Plagne Centre and get the free bus back as both the red and the blue into 1800 can be a bit nerve wracking for a proper beginner. But equally, Oxygene do use the blue for lessons sometimes so that should make it easier!

If your OH is a beginner then go for the La Plagne. There is so much to ski this side you don't 'need' paradiski unless you might 'run out' of new pistes to try!! If you fancy something different, then you can get a day pass to Les Arcs Very Happy
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
redbaron51, I doubt you will need a full Paradiski BUT if you feel like an adventure over to Les Arcs one day its best to buy a Decouverte Pass which is La Plagne plus one day in Les Arcs. It's cheaper than adding a one day trip to Les Arcs later.
Prices are probably cheaper, as most of Europe has to be back at work on January 6th! Therefore La Plagne will be empty!
chaletgirl, We should stop mentioning the Restaurant otherwise we may not be able to get a table for ourselves!!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Boredsurfing wrote:

chaletgirl, We should stop mentioning the Restaurant otherwise we may not be able to get a table for ourselves!!

LOL there is that!! Mind you, most people I tell only go on a Wednesday night Very Happy
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
chaletgirl, On sunny days even I can't get a table on the terrace for lunch wink Toofy Grin
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy