Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New Ski Club of Great Britain chat forum

Poster: A snowHead
And 100!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@davkt, congratulations Laughing

Well done SCGB Chat Forum for achieving this monumental post mark. From the bottom of my heart, I wish your members the best of ski fun in the future x
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Shimmy Alcott wrote:
@rob@rar, yeah, but where am I going to find one of them? Toofy Grin

ESF Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@stewart woodward, can you imagine the red tape I'd be tied up in?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
stewart woodward wrote:
Shimmy Alcott wrote:
@rob@rar, yeah, but where am I going to find one of them? Toofy Grin

ESF Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Almost as much fun as Boris's bar!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Shimmy Alcott wrote:
halfhand wrote:
Shimmy Alcott wrote:
@rob@rar, even for this old dog??
You're not old wink Laughing

NehNeh
Mmwahh Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Well done everyone, great effort. We should all turn to our right and give each other a pat on the back for getting the second most boring thread on snowheads to 100 pages. Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
and it wasn't even dg's in the first place Wink
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@andy, Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Though I'm not down on DG that much really. He has made his point, though many many many times. He must sometimes be on the wind up. And if so, a lot of us have bitten the bait every now and then. So the biggest "pat-on-the-back-for-getting-the-second-most-boring-thread-past-100-posts" goes to

DDDDrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr-TSCH

DG
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Speech, speech.................................Oh no wait, that's not right is it.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
thecramps wrote:
Well done everyone, great effort. We should all turn to our right and give each other a pat on the back for getting the second most boring thread on snowheads to 100 pages. Madeye-Smiley

Can't see the logic there, if it's got to 100 pages, it's certainly not boring in many eyes. I suspect there are a LOT of lurkers here too.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@allanm, it's good for popcorn, but is just in reality the same 5 pages repeated ad infinitum. Not boring?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
thecramps wrote:
Speech, speech.................................Oh no wait, that's not right is it.

Laughing Laughing
latest report
As many as 5 pages @thecramps?
latest report
allanm wrote:
...I suspect there are a LOT of lurkers here too.

I bet half of the views are DG's nemesis biting his tongue (fingers?) trying his best not to bite Twisted Evil
ski holidays
Gotoma86 wrote:
Wow, Ski Club of Great Britain have re-launched their chat forum and it looks good. Simple sign-up, you don't need to become a member plus they seem to have introduced profiles as well. Well this will be fun, who's going to jump ship and start using the Tea Club forum then?[/url]

Just a quick reminder of how all this began Madeye-Smiley
I wonder if we'll ever hear from the OP again? Perhaps on 250,000 views or pg 200, they'll make themselves known (not that they've been fired or anything)? Laughing
snow report
thecramps wrote:
@allanm, it's good for popcorn, but is just in reality the same 5 pages repeated ad infinitum. Not boring?

I guess, if 'most of us' are honest none of us really give a monkeys what happens to SC1, it will make to difference to us. The discounts offered you can get elsewhere, SH's is better for meeting, trash fecks is probably the only remaining interesting bit.

Having said that, it is about a sport which we are all passionate about, so there is bound to be interest.
snow report
@ALQ, I would be dynamite in their forum.

Did I say dynamite, I meant annoying. Dyxlescia is annoying somtimes
ski holidays
@thecramps, You could be a northern DG 2.0...it would be a blast Little Angel
latest report
@ALQ, Your stirring. Friend or foe?
latest report
@thecramps, Stirring...moi?
You could start with the uselessness of helmets, then move on to the benefits of a wealth tax...perhaps Toofy Grin
snow conditions
@ALQ, how about you pm me and we share a log in and become skiclubstanton.?
latest report
@thecramps, Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
ALQ wrote:
@thecramps, Stirring...moi?
You could start with the uselessness of helmets, then move on to the benefits of a wealth tax...perhaps Toofy Grin

I am cool on a helmet debate, but to suggest that there is a tax on unearned wealth. Oh hang on???

That would be as popular as a fart in a lift at the ski club.

Snowheads love that kind of thing though. Egalitarian as we are. Shocked
snow conditions
Very important to "know the demographic" of the the forum though, lest you make jokes about pilots. There are lots of them here, apparently. So I am sure SCGB will be nooooooooo different.
snow conditions
I've skim read most of this thread over a number of weeks, usually when unable to sleep at weird hours when away with work. It may well essentially be DG and his socks just spouting off, but what astounds me is that 100 pages in he still hasnt grasped that it's not your point that matters, but more how you make it.

Im relatively new to the skiing malarkey by some standards on here, but to me the 'members only club' way of thinking in terms of accessing forums/reprts etc when researching the sport ahead of my first trip really put me off and was the major contributing factor as to why I pay to support snowheads instead.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.

MORE FROM GERRY AITKEN, DIRECTOR, SCGB

Sorry for being a little self-indulgent, but once again my personal character/integrity is being directly attacked [right] by a Ski Club of Great Britain director, who chooses this tactic rather than address the reasonable questions raised on page 96 of this thread ...

TEN QUESTIONS FOR GERRY AITKEN
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=94856&start=3800#2673652

Gerry Aitken is fully aware that it's impossible for me to respond to these attacks on the SCGB forum (because I'm banned from it!), but gerry / @gerry is perfectly free to post here, since he has that username.

Since Aitken is accusing me of prejudice and discrimination, he's invited - once again - to join a 'club event' at Ye Olde Cheshire Cheese off Fleet Street. Here's a suggested date: the evening of Wednesday 1 April - i.e. to be well clear of 'April Fool's morning'.

Is Gerry Aitken up for an evening of fair, moderated, face-to-face debate about all that, and the 'future of British ski clubs'?

--------------------------
It is hoped to have a Tardis at this event for time/place transit to future/Edwardian ski destinations. Ski equipment baggage charges will be waived, and ski boots can be taken into the cabin.

snow conditions
I do find Gerry's comments mildly amusing since (before I left the SCGB) I had made a formal complaint about his bullying tactics to the then official forum moderator, the reply I got back acknowledged he had stepped over the mark and I was asked to withdraw my accusations, which I declined to do, when I cancelled my membership and was asked why I mentioned this at the time, obviously however the Club feels it's perfectly ok to have such a person in a senior position, having dealt with such public school educated bullies before I wished to have nothing to do with them (p.s I too have a public school as well as state school education, state school bullies are far less effective)
ski holidays
@D G Orf, yes, dont think he'd win many warm and fuzzy awards. But he's nothing to do with SH and I wish DG would stop trying to drag him over here. If people want to be members of SCGB then let them be. Weve heard DG's arguments OVER and OVER.
latest report
Have you booked a table for all your socks at the cheese cafe? I will have paint drying so cannot attend. Sorry DG
ski holidays
@Shimmy Alcott, yes, Gerry is a sH, and has posted v offensive stuff on here, not just about DG.

Love your commitment to drying paint! Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
D G Orf, well the SCGB is a supposedly democratic organisation and Gerry Aitken has twice been elected to its Council/board of directors. SCGB members chose to re-elect him in 2011, despite his record of insulting and abusing users of social media, ever since the Ski Club (and then snowHeads) provided him with a channel of communication in 2002/4. My understanding is that sH once banned him, as the suspected 'Tim Brown', for posting comments which were totally unacceptable ... but he then re-emerged as 'PJSki' and seems to have popped up as 'Pippin' on the Winterhighland forum.

One question (not in the list of 10) is "what motivates Gerry Aitken?" Does he have an expenses-paid skiing lifestyle with the SCGB, or should we take him at face value? This is what he said on 2 March 2013:

"At least I'm trustworthy and loyal. I don't claim a penny in expenses, either as a Council member or for Leading in resort"

If expenses-paid skiing isn't important to him, then on what basis is he 'leading' with the SCGB in La Grave this week? A position on the SCGB board is conventionally known to be a handy thing on the pecking order, when the winter schedule of who skis where is drawn up. Let's see what pans out.

As for bullying, I'm not sure that he's capable of it in the flesh, but he has a perfect opportunity at Ye Olde Cheshire Cheese, so long as his activities are harmonious with the landlord's house rules. I would envisage a good-humoured meeting of minds.

D G Orf wrote:
... obviously however the Club feels it's perfectly ok to have such a person in a senior position, having dealt with such public school educated bullies before I wished to have nothing to do with them (p.s I too have a public school as well as state school education, state school bullies are far less effective)

I can't comment on Gerry Aitken's education (see next post), but am quite keen to know where his set of morals emerged from. I do know that on the one occasion there was a conversation, it began with the remark "Hey David, I bet you didn't expect someone like me. Do you know that I work on building sites?"

I was surprised at that gambit, since I had no preconceptions at all. I knew he was a ceramic tiler (fine - that's skilled and respected work), so one would expect him to work on building sites, but that was about all the 'social engagement' amounted to. Since I very happily work with and encounter (working in a fully open public building) people with everything from criminal records to highly-engineered vinyl records ... there are no preconceptions.

I think we need to know more about Gerry facing down prejudice and discrimination. This would be interesting to witness. He refers to being a Millwall supporter (also next posting)

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Mon 9-02-15 16:17; edited 7 times in total
snow conditions
Comedy Goldsmith wrote:

Gerry Aitken on education and football. From 27 November 2013

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Mon 9-02-15 15:05; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Shimmy Alcott wrote:
@D G Orf, yes, dont think he'd win many warm and fuzzy awards. But he's nothing to do with SH and I wish DG would stop trying to drag him over here. If people want to be members of SCGB then let them be. Weve heard DG's arguments OVER and OVER.

And over ...

And over .
snow conditions
Shimmy Alcott wrote:

And over .
ski holidays
Shimmy Alcott wrote:

And over.
latest report
Shimmy Alcott wrote:

And over.
snow report
Shimmy Alcott wrote:

And over .
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy