Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski school recommendation - Cervinia

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

Still have not booked our week skiing (2nd week jan). We are looking at going to Cervinia.

Can anyone recommended a good school (used before)?

OH is going on her 4th week skiing, but still scared and needs to build her confidence;
Me on my 5th week, feeling more confident, but still have a mountain to climb, so lessons are always useful

Thanks, rb51
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Can't think I saw any other ski school apart from http://www.scuoladiscibreuil.com/index_e.asp Jnr had lessons for the whole week, the OH (30+ weeks experience) and I (5 weeks experience) did for our first 3 days. We really enjoyed our lessons, the instructor didn't have much to tell the OH just a few hints a tips, but I learnt a lot.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
redbaron51, I haven't been to ski school since I was in my teens, but I was in Cervinia in February/March this year. It's a really easy resort so great for confidence building, sounds perfect for you. Apparently there can be issues with high winds closing the lifts, but when I was there it was an 18º heatwave so we were skiing in T-shirts! Enjoy!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Our day 1 had all bar 1 lift closed (I said 2 on the weather thread earlier, but thinking about it I think there was only 1 open), which gave access to 2 runs only. Rest of the week was fine apart from the last day, lifts stayed open but the wind sensor kept stopping/slowing them - we did the "one more lift before lunch" trick and ended up on it for about 45 mins hungry with the wind cutting right through us, even with the bubble down. I think they were all closed on the day we went home - I certainly wouldn't have ventured up the mountain that day!

Regardless of this we had some of our best conditions for skiing.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Can second the reccomendation for the breuil ski school. I did an off piste guiding day, and my girlfriend had a private lesson with them and learned a lot.

Can thoroughly reccomend Stephanie Danza as an instructor. She's Italian, originally from cervinia, but went to uni in America, so speaks perfect English. My GF felt she learnt more from a female instructor than she has from male instructors.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi all,

thanks for your tips. I will check breuil school's website
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi @Redbaron51,

How did you get on with ski schools, care to recommend any? Also if you rented gear who did you go with?

Heading over myself in less than 2 weeks and finding it hard to get info on schools and ski rental places. I can get names from cervinia.it but not info about how good they are.

Thanks in advance
B
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
bovril_IRL, there's not a huge choice in ski school anyway, so you may struggle for reviews.

Ski hire we used Top One ski hire, which was practically next door to where we stayed and opposite the Cretaz lifts. We had np problems with the kit and they were helpful and cheerful when we were in there.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi snow people, does anyone have experience of the two main ski schools in cervinia? I'm going later this season and I'm not sure which school to book for my son. Thanks in advance!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'm going to Cervinia in march and I would like to take some private lessons, so I'm keen to know if there are any differences between de schools.

As I remember correctly there are 3 schools:
Scoula di Breuil
Scoula di Cervino
Ride em Ski School

Right? I also hope that there will be some recommendations...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy