Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Wanted - Meribel accommodation for weekend break

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thursday 17th January to Sunday 20th (3 nights). 3 blokes on long weekend dash need accommodation, ideally in Meribel, struggling to find any at the moment as most places only interested in full weeks. Will consider hotels/apartments/chalets.

Anyone on here have availability?

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum wink
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Brides is very close:

http://www.skiweekends.com/
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks but been to Brides before. Not suitable for this trip really, too far from the slopes, and from the après!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Have you rung The Doron and Le Roc? Same number/rates for both. http://hotelleroc.mountainpub.com/
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cheers, will email them now......
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
check out pv-holidays.com too. they normally have properties available for weekends.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Raceplate, available rooms at Doron/Le Roc but put off by the horrendous reviews on Trip Advisor (yes I know....). Have you stayed there or had any experience of this place?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The reviews look pretty fair to me! They're 2 star budget hotels - think of them as tired Travelodges. You can't beat their location though, it's perfect. I've stayed a couple of nights in The Doron with my nephew; they're small basic rooms suitable for passing out in after a skin full. You said lads' trip and apres - I made assumptions wink If you want 'nice' hotels they're in a completely different price bracket and most of them are at the very top of the resort. If you want nice, sensibly-priced hotels they're in Brides.

Of the two, Le Roc is probably a better bet - it usually books first and will be quieter. It's above The Taverne which only has live music on Sundays, Tuesdays and Fridays as opposed to The Doron which has much louder live music every night. Nice restaurant (so I'm told) downstairs.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Raceplate, thanks for the help, will ring up and ask about Le Roc. I do love Meribel, and don't get me wrong, Travellodge standard would be fine, but it looks like this place might fall well below that standard. It seems rather odd since all the other hotels in resort are at the 'astronomical' end of the price scale, without anything in between!

Don't really want to be taxiing up and down from Brides every day. Might have to reluctantly consider another resort for our trip.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy