Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Wot no 12/13 quiver stoke thread?

Poster: A snowHead
I had a look for a quiver thread for this season, albeit not a very thorough look. I drew a blank, which just can't be right, so herewith, my quiver:

(The Preachers will be for sale, once I've plugged the holes in them ...)

More quiver stoke, please, as I have another 26 days to kill before I get on snow again.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
This season I shall be selecting from these skis. The other ones will just have to lurk, unloved, at the back of the shed, cupboard, cave, etc.

snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
will do mine once half of them are back from being quiver killed by Spyderjon
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
rob@rar, that's a lot of head gear!!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
tomb, I like Head.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Sorry only a phone pic, but here is toastertalby's quiver, she needs to grow a bit for the Elans. Half of mine (the TSTs and other pair of Storms are been QKed), and talbyem's snowboard.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rob@rar wrote:
tomb, I like Head.
Laughing
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
zammo, cheers for this thread , been waiting for ages to show off these beauties Toofy Grin

http://instagr.am/p/TWhzUBtD-n/
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rob@rar, lol
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've 'only' got 3 pairs in my quiver this year.

latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I clearly don't have enough skis to be part of this forum!!! rolling eyes
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I have 2 pairs Atomic WC d2GS 186, 188 with 1018, I pair Salomon 191 Powerline GS with X20, 2 pairs Atomic d2 SL 155 1018, I pair Powerline 165 SL X16, 1 pair Elan Slx 155, I pair K2 Big kahuna 190, I pair Salomon Lord 182 with Baron, 1 pair Dynastar 205 SG. Picture of my OAPs will be posted possibly
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
This year the good lady wife and I will be skiing this lot.

An odd mix of old and new, I expect 90% of my time will be on the Whitedots an telemarks, same for the Good lady wife....
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.

2012/13 quiver at snowHeads Towers
This is the 12/13 quiver for the Chief Smiley Maker and me. Being simple souls we're just sticking to one pair each on piste and a another for off piste.
The Redeemers are set aside as a prize for the EoSB raffle and the Preachers are on their way to Master of the Hamsters, Windymiller

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Mon 31-12-12 10:17; edited 3 times in total
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
admin, why can't I see your picture? Sad
ski holidays
Hold on a sec Pedantica.
ski holidays
Quite a lot of the skis in these pictures don't have bindings.

I'm guessing you've got to be pretty darn good to ski on skis without bindings ?

Way beyond me obviously.
ski holidays
bladeskier wrote:
Quite a lot of the skis in these pictures don't have bindings.

bindings snag on the bed sheets . . .
latest report
admin, thank you.
ski holidays
Only 2 out of a staggering 8 Whitedots are mounted! pretty much everything else has bindings what gives?
snow report
Well, I can't speak for BenAS but on my part, as I said, the Redeemers are to be given away at the EoSB and the Preachers haven't reached their owner yet.
U can bet they'll be well and truly mounted by the time they get to the PreBBWUW though.
latest report
The Preachers in my quiver used to have Dynaduke plates on them, but I've moved them to the DPS Wailer 99. Love the Preachers but not sure I will use them now that I've opted for a lighter touring setup.
ski holidays

From left to right. Last years 190 Redeemers w/Guardians, 190 Redeemer CarbonLites w/Radical ST, 185 Black Crows Corvus w/Radical STs and my old faithful 180 BD Verdicts w/Vertical FTs.
snow report
meh, sexy. Will be interested to hear what you think of the standard vs carbon Redeemer, and if you plan to keep both in your quiver.
ski holidays
clarky999, yer am looking forward to that myself the CarbonLite Redeemers are actually the lightest setup there!
latest report
meh, are the Corvus and the Verdicts not v. similar dimensions? Curious as to why you would want both. Or do they ski more differently than the dimensions would suggest?
snow report
The Verdicts are ooooold and beat to crap, the bases are riddled with my 'awesome' repair work! The Corvus is the sleek new replacement and yeah they are very similar cause I love the Verdicts as an everyday ski. The Verdicts will live on as rock skis though.
snow report
meh, they're newer than mine wink Although mine are still in pretty good condition because I don't tour that much (they're my touring set up), plus 2 seasons out through injury right after I bought them Sad
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
sah, that sucks, the Verdict is an overlooked gem in the BD line of pretty mediocre skis IMO.
snow conditions
meh wrote:
sah, that sucks, the Verdict is an overlooked gem in the BD line of pretty mediocre skis IMO.

Never skied any of the other BDs, but demoed a load of similar skis at the time (Movement, G3, K2), nothing came close to the Verdict.
latest report
dulcamara, they've got Quiver killer inserts installed.
ski holidays

DSC01461 by Clarkleberry Finn, on Flickr

Left to right:

170 Atomic SX11 (barely get used)
176 Big Trouble (need to decide how to remount, will be used as rock skis/early season touring - damn good skis)
185 Nordica Soul Rider (everyday/piste/hangover/cruising with friends and fam/touring [for now])
190 Moment Bibby Pro (most days where offpiste is the main goal)
ski holidays
Very nice!
snow conditions
Boom

Bridge, Royale, Loanee Salmon "Lead" SL skis
ski holidays
Quote:

Sorry to dredge up old threads but was bored decided to look at what people had in their basements this season, and found this blasphemy.... you wash your mouth out with soap.... you wash it good!
snow report

Just waiting to be Quiver Killer mounted with the new Dyna Beasts Cool
ski holidays

Have I finally worked out how to post pictures on here?

if so, that's the basement
snow report
before anyone says it, it's taken me 2 years to work out how to get a picture up here, resizing it will take time!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy