Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Any available discounted offers for ski equipment hire and/or passes in Val d'Isere?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi, as per the title,

Is anyone aware of any websites or stores offering deals on either ski passes, or equipment hire, or a combination, in Val d'Isere in March 2013?

I'm aware there are some Intersports and Ski Republic deals on equipment, but not if there's any way of obtaining a ski pass with a discount too?

Any tips or information you can provide (not necesarrily only on discounts, but also on best equipment hire shops there (only need skis, have own boots), etc.) would be very much appreciated!

Thanks,

Vlad.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We have special discount codes with alpinresorts (SNOWBALL) and snowbrainer (BLUERUN) that improve discount for snowHeads above the norm.
I was told by each that we have been given the best rates that are available.
There was one snowHead who claimed he could do better at skiset but when called on his claim, failed to come up with a code so AFAIK, these are the still best rates with each.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Mon 21-01-13 0:05; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Another Skiset discount code arrived in my inbox today ECUKDE12.

ps I'm not saying it's a better discount than snowHead s but it's just another one wink
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
http://www.valdiserepass.com/Product.aspx?num=82

Look into the vip pass.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
halfhand, on a casual look, it appears to give exactly the same discount as our skiset link.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks very much guys, I'll check those out.

Having done a bit of research myself, so far, I found Snowbrainer to be the cheapest, followed by Intersport. I think I already tried Skiset (from a link in another post, provided by someone else), and even with the discount applied, it was still more expensive than either Intersport or Snowbrain. I'll try the links given here now.

Regarding ski-passes, I also researched that a bit, and can see there are two options, A La Carte, and VIP. I generally tend to ski (unfortunately, wish I could do more) 7-8 days per year. The VIP pass is 10 Euro for 3 years, and gives 5% discount on the pass (if I understand how it works correctly), whereas A La Carte is 29 Euro for one year, and gives a 15% discount? They both mention they give discounts on other things in Val d'Isere, but don't specify what. Any experience with any of those?

Thanks.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hm, just realised this forum automatically creates links out of words it recognises... I was trying the links to ALPINRESORTS and Skiset that admin provided, but neither work for me. Is there a specific link that incorporates the Snowheads discount, or is there a code I should use?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
vladman, how do you mean, the links don't work? Do you get 404 page not found or what?

Snowbrainer uses the Alpinresorts system now so I don't think there will be much, if anything, between them.
For all it's worth, we have an extra discount code for snowbrainer too though: use BLUERUN
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
admin, hi, I get "Template->make_filename(): Error - file wheeeee.tpl does not exist" regardless of which (automatically created) link I click on. I take it you're not formatting your replies in any special way? You just type ALPINRESORTS, and when you post, it's turned into a link?

How odd. I just did some testing. I normally use Firefox. I only get this error in Firefox. It works in Chrome and IE. Weird. Puzzled

Ok, let me have a look at all those... Thanks for the help.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
That's because you're using a style-template to view the forum that's really only meant for emergencies. It doesn't support all the extra functionality that we've added ourselves.

Go to User Facilities (top left) => Forum profile and change subBlack to subSilver - all should function properly from there.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Awesome! Thanks, it now works properly. Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Cool Cool
btw. I looked up one of the Intersport shops in Val d'Isere. Alpinresorts have them on their list and using our code, it was slightly cheaper than going direct.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I'm still getting silly prices with Skiset, so that rules them out.

Getting a great price with ALPINRESORTS. admin, not sure I understand what you meant re Intersport/ALPINRESORTS? Did you go to the Intersport site, and use the ALPINRESORTS code?

Thanks for all the help.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Alpinresorts act as agents for many (perhaps all?) Intersport shops.
I think there are 2 Intersports in Val d'Isere. I checked one of them, booking via Intersport's site and then booking via Alpinresorts and the latter was slightly cheaper.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Can you tell me which shop was it? Thanks.
ski holidays
The first one of the two on Intersport's site.
ski holidays
Is this on http://www.intersport-rent-france.co.uk/?

If I choose Val d'Isere on that website, it shows me three stores:

1. Pro Shop Mattis
2. Rue Principale
3. Imm Grand Paradis
snow report
It was the Grand Paradis one but the other two are on Alpinresorts' list too.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Tue 18-12-12 15:52; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Interesting.

I think each of the three Intersport shops I mentioned above are also the same shop for Alpinesports - they share premises, but are different businesses?

I think they correlate like this:

1. (Intersport) - Pro Shop Mattis <---> Sport Shop Sarl (Centre Station) - (ALPINRESORTS)
2. (Intersport) - Rue Principale <---> Pitte Sport (ALPINRESORTS)
3. (Intersport) - Imm Grand Paradis <---> Sport Shop Sarl (Imm Grand Paradis - Front de neige) - (ALPINRESORTS)
ski holidays
No they're not different businesses. Alpinresorts acts as an agent promoting those shops. Sometimes (quite often) it is cheaper to book through alpinresorts than going direct.
latest report
Thank you very much for all the help, it was invaluable!

I've now booked the skis with ALPINRESORTS and am very happy with the price. Smile

Now, if anyone can advise, or offer any thoughts or tips on anything ski-pass related, and any possible discounts (VIP vs A La Carte, or any other options?), that would be great. Thanks!
snow report
Try Skimium and use discount code NEWSKI12 before end of December. Used them in April they were the cheapest by a long way. I used shop on main street i think they have 3 in town. You can get a further discount with a Decathlon card and also if you are ordering 4 or more sets. My partner snap a ski pole (her fault) and they changed it no questions asked!
ski holidays
Hi guys - heading to Val d'isere on the 10th March for a week as a group of 12. I have heard that the lift pass discount is available once you reach a group size of 20. If anyone is heading out on those dates who fancies joining forces to get the discount give me a message!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy