Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Beginner teenager - which ski's?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Whole family is new to skiing.
My daughter is 13, 8st & 5ft3. She has never skied before but is taking dry slope lessons but will take a while to progress as she is struggling with the lessons.
Want to buy her a second hand set of skis for a few days in Aviemore so she can practice.
Not really sure what I should be looking for. Should I be looking at junior or ladies skis?
Have seen some Rossignol fun girl 150's on ebay, would they be ok?
All advice is much appreciated, thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
kd035050, normally the advice would be to rent, but I've heard rental equipment at Aviemore is poor. True? The rossignol fun girl sounds OK. But be careful with her if she's struggling; unless conditions at Aviemore are good it might put her off for life!

What about boots? A more important purchase, really, but at 13 she won't fit them for long!

Good luck. snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Pam W, got her fitted for boots already. Her feet are size 5 so hopefully won't grow much in the near future!
The Rossignol fun girl are junior skis so hopefully they will be easy for her to manage.
Ebay here I come!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy