Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Travelling to L2A next Sat am from Troyes any tips on the jopurney

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi I am new here looking for some help we are setting off from an overnight at Troyes down to L2A any tips on roads to avoid? or will it be manic anyway? not driven at this time of year in France any help gratefully recieved thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Gill5, welcome to snowheads. snowHead I don't think it will be too manic - busy, yes. I never go near Lyon if I can help it, but it might be difficult to avoid going to L2A - someone who does the journey regularly will be able to help.
But in general, make sure your chains are not packed at the bottom of a load of heavy stuff (just been lashing them onto the top of my gigantic heap) and have some food and drink in the car (you'll have warm clothes, obviously...). Good music, maybe some podcasts. Remember it's forbidden to overtake a snowplough and relax! The forecast is very uncertain but there could be some snow around. If you're not used to driving in snow, keep the revs down (higher gear), drive as though driving on egg shells and fit chains as soon as you feel a loss of traction.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, you'll have done the really boring bit from Reims...so pack up some food to eat in the car and enjoy the ride.

EDIT: Bison fute is good for advice on traffic conditions. http://www.bison-fute.equipement.gouv.fr/diri/Accueil.do?langue=en
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi Pam thanks for that we have put winter tyres on and have some snow chains at the ready for the trip and plenty of good music! Very Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Gill5, Take the A39 at Dijon rather than continuing on the A6. it's usually much quieter and you get around Lyon easier. It will probably be slow from Grenoble depending on the time you hit it. I normally drive from close to Calais to L2A all in one hit and get there by about 6 (although at a quieter time).
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Try not to hit Grenoble in the rush hour, but the traffic will be pretty heavy anyway. Sorry but I cannot think of anything more to say
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy