Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

3 Valleys - Christmas - How busy?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just booked 22-29 Dec for first Christmas skiing in over 25 years. Spoilt rotten by late Jan and mid March holidays usually. How busy is it likely to be across 3 Valleys Christmas week? Does it get more crowded as week progresses? Any advice please for avoiding worst bottlenecks? Based in Les Menuires but ski whole area if conditions OK. Fortunately love La Masse, St Martin and Maurienne valley, once Ice Station Zebra ridge behind us at Val T. All fairly accessible from Les Menuires I hope.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi,

Based on the deals that are still going for Christmas I don't think it is going to be a busy one. Enjoy the amazing snow and don't forget to come to La Tania for a cheap lunch.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Christmas is usually OK - it's New Year that's so crowded.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I found it too busy coming back into any of the resort areas last year, so you just have to move out too the edges; La Masse was great, as were the further edges of VT. Meribel and the lifts back from lower down near St Martin were packed with queues, as was coming back into Les Men and the centre of VT. It was the ignorant queue jumpers who would call their mates forward, holding up the queue, so that 4 of them could occupy a 6 or more seater, making the queue even longer, that really did my head in. Still, it`s Christmas- so have a good one !
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
My experience of last few years is that 15-22 is really nice and quiet, 22-29 is a pretty big step up in terms of crowdedness but is still fine, new years week is mental.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks all for your responses and advice. Quite encouraging and relieved we're not going new year week. Major bottlenecks around middle valleys are what we experienced a couple of years ago in mid March. Hopefully if snow cover remains good it will spread the multitude around the whole area. As mentioned, lots of good discounted deals around, so delighted to make the best of it.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Lift system is so good that there are rarely queues. There will be tonnes of snow next week. Forecast is for snow snow snow. We'll be lucky to see the sun. I'm heading to Val Thorens same week.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Stick to La Masse - nobody seems to go over there. The Cairn lift and the Cime Caron gondola have big queues at peak times IIRC but the skiing is just so brill when you get out it is worth it. The cote brune back over from Meribel can be a bit crowded {and cold}.
Overall not too busy really. Have fun. Might even bump into you as we're there too snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy