Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Borovets

Poster: A snowHead
Hi me and my wife are staying in borovets on the 7th jan 2013 for our 1st skiing holiday and im just wondering how long the skiing lessons will be each day we are there.thanks karl
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Although we have not been for a number of years now at that time you would get four hours a day. Usually 10-12 and 1-3 but it was often longer and the instructor/guide would stay with you all day, even for lunch.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Really depends what you have booked, based on when we were there 2 years ago if it is full day expect it to be 10-4 with a lunch break 1/2 day 10-12:30 or 1:30 to 4 or there abouts
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Although we have not been for a number of years now at that time you would get four hours a day. Usually 10-12 and 1-3 but it was often longer and the instructor/guide would stay with you all day, even for lunch.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Oh and sad to say the instruction is very variable from very good to totally useless, if you think the instructor is rubbish he/she probably is, make a bit of fuss with the ski school and they will probably sort you out with someone better.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Karlos1986, although you'll normally get good advice on here, you might get more specific advice, including where to eat drink etc, and what to be aware of/avoid wink here:

http://story.bulgariaski.com/

Enjoy, and why not add a trip report on sH when you return.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The trouble with Borovets is that it keeps repeating on me.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The trouble with Borovets is that it keeps repeating on me.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Best eatery we found was a tiny place just up the slope from the Rila on the left heading up hill, you have to duck through a drag lift to get to it but good Bulgarian cooking rather than burger, pizza and chips the places the instructors get to eat for free in for taking you to (think the bloke running it was called George).
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Like the above, it's a few years since we stayed in Borovets. Estimates on ski school hours were the same for us from memory - and it depends on where you're staying as to who you get, I think. The Samokiv hotel has their own ski school, or did. Anywhere wlse and you would likely get your lessons from Borosports.

I had two very good instructors, can't complain abuot them.

The above link to the bulgariaski website will give you loads of local information.

What I will say is that if the snow is poor, it can be a bit of a letdown but from what I understand, they've had a good start to the season so far.

Have fun and enjoy!!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ok thanks we are staying in the winter palace in borovets.i was just wondering if we would get our own time to ski and not with the instructor
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Karlos1986 wrote:
Ok thanks we are staying in the winter palace in borovets.i was just wondering if we would get our own time to ski and not with the instructor

Well, it can be as much as a 'boot-camp' as you make it. The concensus I guess would be to stick with it/make the most of it that you can (assuming half decent instruction)...........But it is a holiday and you're supposed to be enjoying it as well, so don't labour the point if it's no fun. Being your first trip, if it becomes a chore you're not likely to bother again, and that might be a shame. JMO.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
People can and do skip some of the lesson times, I found - as BCjohnny, says, you are on holiday and might want to spend some of your time differently. But, as beginners, I do think it is important to get those basic skills before you head off to try to do your own thing, so maybe an idea for later in the week.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks very much for advice and all .lookin forward to it
latest report
We usually had an hour or so left at the end of the lessons to ski together and there was also a couple of night skiing sessions you could pay a little extra for if you wanted to.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy