Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

HELP! All mountain Skis, too much choice!!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey Guys,

I'm currently a few weeks into a ski season in Les Menuires, and looking to buy a set of do all skis, about half and half piste and off piste, with a bit of park thrown in. I want something fun and playful, but something that looks awesome too (always important!!)

I'm 6'2 and about 100kg, I'm an advance intermediate to advaced and looking to improve my off piste ability. Been using some 185 salomon lords, which are ok, but I feel are a bit heavy and long for me but it was that or some 161s!

I have a budget of around £400 including bindings.

I've been drooling over the sir francis bacons from line and some nice chap is selling last year models on here, for 300 which seems like a steal, and have heard such great things about them but are they more off piste orientated?

also looking at the K2 domains, volkl mantras, scott ventures (bit expensive) and others.

any recommendations would be hugely appreciated!

Thanks,

Chris
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sultan 85, cham 87 or 107, k2 amp rictor, atomic theory, movement mosquito? i think, fischer watea, scott mission. All of those are on my potential wish list.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Movement Jams, Line Prophet 98, Armada ARV or TST

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Sun 16-12-12 23:49; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm roughly your height/weight and ski Atomic Blackeye TI's - absolutely love 'em. snowHead
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Something around 100mm underfoot. If you're there for the season and you venture more off-piste then that's where you'll always want to be. At 100kg and 6'2" you need something at least around 185 - 190cm, they might feel long now but after a few weeks of progression - especially off piste - you will be glad you went longer. Look for tip rocker or "early rise" and, if you really do want to explore more off-piste, don't go less the 95mm and 185cm.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
chrismathias, Just dump the Lords
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Lengthwise I'd say somewhere around 190, I'm 5" shorter than you and tend to ski 180-185 in twin tips. The front rocker on my TSTs mean they feel way shorter than their 183.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Have a look at icelantic nomads plenty of satisfied customers
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
waiter_fisherman wrote:
Have a look at icelantic nomads plenty of satisfied customers
I can vouch for them being tougher than a tough thing
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I can vouch for the Line SFBs being a really fun ski. I have last year's model, which I think is unchanged this year. They carve and surf effortlessly in most conditions, but are definitely at their best in soft conditions on or off piste. On steep hardpack you might find them a bit limiting if you want to carve short radius turns. But for everything else they are great
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I was in Blue Note in Val d'isere last night and someone is selling brand new, but last season, salomon sentinels for 185 euros. Could be slightly wrong on the price, as i'd had a few but it was in that ball park. Give them a call and they would be able to hook you up.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
K2 ALL MOUNTAIN ! Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ummm, you are in resort. Try various. Buy what you like.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

Ummm, you are in resort. Try various. Buy what you like.

+1
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks guys. Bought the line blends and marker griffin schizo bindings for £380 and so pleased with them, tried them out And they felt great. So really pleased! Now just got to try not to scratch them up!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy