Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Selva - Accommodation Required For 4 Nights

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Having received many positive comments from fellow members, we have decided to go to Selva.
There are 8 of us looking for accommodation for 4 nights which is not always easy in advance.
B&B ideally but would consider half board.
Could anyone recommend somewhere within say 5-10 minutes walk to the main lift (ideally ski in/out!) and bars/restaurants?
Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Only place I know in Selva is where I am staying again in Jan/Feb: Hotel Selva. Deffo ski in/out, prob 10 mins max to ski across to the Ciampinoi lift, 5 mins to Dantercepies.
I am staying half board but I'm sure they can do B&B. Also staying 4 extra days on top of the 7 (Sat-Sat), so they can do less than a week.

When are you wanting to stay?

HTH.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hotel Stella - the Costabella lift is right behind the hotel (you can check out the queque before you leave the hotel!) ; Ciampinoi lift 200 yards ; ski back to within j200 yards. luiskeller 100 yards, ski school office (and sports bar) 100 yards.. Smile

Not sure about 4 days/B&B tho'
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
spalding, I've stayed for a period of 3 or 4 days at the Hotel Corona/Krone in Selva during the autumn, but don't know whether they would do this in the winter, but definitely worthwhile enquiring imv. It's centrally located in Selva, close to the lifts and has an excellent apres-ski cellar bar the Kronstube, as part of it.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We are staying March 10th until March 14th.

One last question - There are lots of hotels available in Santa Christina which as i understand it is connected to Selva. Has anyone stayed there and would they recommend it? I've searched and searched but there's not a lot of info available..
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
spalding, I've not stayed in St Christina, but I have stayed in both Selva and Ortisei, and St Christina is midway between them. From St Christina (which is at the bottom of the SasLong Men's World Cup Downhill course) on one side of the valley you can catch lifts up to Ciampinoi which is part of the Selva ski area, and on the other side of the valley you can go up to the Seceda plateau from which there is a lovely 10.5km red run down to Ortisei. There is also a skibus service which runs frequently between Ortisei, St Christina and Selva and which costs 7 Euros for a week.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Flora. I'm sat on the loo in room 205 right now. Toofy Grin it's a superb family run hotel. This is my sixth visit. Happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
spalding, I'm always staying in St. Christina when I'm in Gardena for WC races. It's maybe a little bit less fancy then Selva, but therefore cheaper, and what matters most for me, my hotel is just 200m from press center, and some 400-500m from finish area. Only bad thing is, that most of teams are in Selva, and when going back from beer with friends at 3am, you need taxi not your feet, since it's some 2-3km difference between those two villages.
As far as skiing goes, it really doesn't matter. With gondola from WC finish area (and additional chairlift) you go straight to top of Saslong/Ciampinoi, and considering Saslong is part of Sella Ronda, you can imagine it's connected to everywhere else.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mollerski wrote:
Flora. I'm sat on the loo in room 205 right now. ..... This is my sixth visit. Happy

Was it something you ate....? Toofy Grin
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just be careful where you stay in St Christina. I always think of that village is split into three parts. Bottom part is down at the end of the world cup run. Good location for the underground train to the Col Raiser gondola and for the gondola up to Ciampinoi for the Sella Ronda. Middle part of the village is where the main road runs through between Ortisei and Selva. Good location again as all the ski busses stop here. Third part is further up the hill towards the Col Raiser gondola. This part is where you really need to be careful where you stay. Make sure the accomodation is near the gondola station or close to a bus stop.

And also agree about the Hotel Flora. Excellant small hotel with very good food and big rooms.Ski bus stop 50 metres away. Nice cozy bar as well with cheap red house wine which is superb. Oh and the accomodation prices are an absolute bargain for Selva which otherwise is expensive. Think Nielsens still have this hotel if you need to book with a tour operator
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Stayed at this place two years ago:

http://www.hotel-genziana.it/english/index.html

Ski-in, as near as dammit, and a one and two-minute walk to the two main lifts.

Very comfortable and good food, but prices to match.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Call the Flora direct and ask for Petra, her English is excellent.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Mollerski, check your pm,s please
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy