Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Heading to Modane area from Lyon 69009 on 29th December

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Planning to leave Lyon around 7.30am. I appreciate traffic will be busy but am i right in thinking that it will be better to travel early am rather than leave it until later in the evening?

Any route advice would be greatly appreciated Embarassed
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We are heading this way on the 29th, from Dijon, so wont get down to Lyon until late morning; I think it will build up after lunch but is bound to be busy anyway, so earlier the better. We normally cut Lyon out by going cross country via Bugey area ( good vino ) to Chambery. The first toll after Chambery gets big queues, but once you have turned off to Turin and Maurienne it`s normally quite good. Before and after Chambery are the bottlenecks. Start at 5.30, 6 am and it should be good, but think of us stuck in it !! Where are you headed?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks cstreat,. We are heading to Valfrejus. Usually have Christmas away but opted for New Year with friends instead. We've managed to avoid queuing traffic since our 'bad planning' at Easter 07. As the French 'do' New Year we are expecting it to be busier than our normal Christmas trips. A few of our group are travelling from Dijon on 29th, so I hope you have a problem free journey. Where are you heading?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We are heading to Valloire for the first time, having been to Val Cenis a few times. I really like the Maurienne, having previously spent all ski hols in the mega resorts over the hill. I`m a bit worried about traffic and crowds, but trying to get in the right frame of mind as I like skiing more than crowds! We got in a big queue coming back last year at Easter where the Turin road joins the Albertville road, despite having a telepeage doofer; it was a lane muckfest, with a wife desperate for a wee, along with 1000 others.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Unless I've just been lucky, I've never had a problem going from Lyon to Modane. I do it at least 1/2 dozen times a year. Lyon itself can be a bit sticky but you can avoid it by taking the road that loops around Lyon past the airport.

PS Snow chains are a must for Valloire especially given time if year and current snowfest
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
alti - dude, thanks for that. We were weighing up which way to head out if Lyon! Smile
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Vaise to Villeurbanne then onto the motorway to Chambery. Usually, if busy, I exit at Chamnor for city center, then onto Challes les Eaux and follow the nationale road to Aiton and pick up the moroway there. If still busy, I use the nationale alle the way.
Keep your ears on the radio with updates every 15 minutes or so. Frquency is 107.7 or somehting along the lines. It is advertised on the motorways and nationale indicators.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
volklwaffen, thank you Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy