Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Introduction and S9BB meet up?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all!
'Bout time I found time to do an introduction rolling eyes Found the forum maybe a year or 2 ago, tried to join but couldn't for some reason. Anyway, at the NEC snowshow back in October I got collared and decided to join up and here I am Very Happy

Agewise I'm mid forties, been skiing for a few decades now, mainly cross country skiing as I'm from Northumberland so plenty of landscape and snow for that: I would describe my skiing style as a cross between Franz Klammer and Norman Wisdom....I manage up to a point and then it may go a bit pear shaped but I'm working on it and every year I get a little bit better.

The past 4 years I have made it out to the Alps with a group from work - Cervinia, Verbier, Sestriere, Sauze, Selva and in 3 weeks will be in Meribel for a week and then Jan 26-Feb 6th I'll be back in Selva again Cool Cool, staying at the Hotel Selva. Given the epic start to this year's season I'm also thinking about maybe Verbier first week in March and *possibly* April 13-21st somewhere (maybe Val Thorens, not sure - and yes, I know the EOSB is in VT April 20-27th but that's not possible due to work Sad ).

Given I'm in the Dolomites in Jan/Feb I'll be in the same ski area as millions of other Snowheads snowHead I won't make it to Kronplatz as I'll be too busy filming the guys I'm in Selva with, but they go home on Sat 2nd Feb, which means I'll be a solo skier for Feb 2nd to 5th inclusive so I would like to meet up with fellow snowheads if that's possible? Made a bit easier as I will have a car so I can drive over in the evenings - reason I will have a car is because flying (well airport security, carrying ski stuff around airports etc gets on my wick) so this year I decided to have a Top Gear Challenge - who can get to the Dolomites first? Me driving, or the others in Airbus/coach? Thing is, I *have* to get there first: I need to be in the bar relaxing with a beer when they all arrive so I can exclaim 'Looosers!' Clarkson style NehNeh NehNeh at them. It also means I can take their skis/poles/boots so they don't have to lug them around airports and in return I don't have to buy any beers for the week, heh heh Laughing Toofy Grin

So, if you see a numbnut all in red looking like a porcupine tele tubby covered in GoPro's, well, that might be me...

Link should have a pic of me in it (Taken at the top of black 20 Vallon chairlift: I'm on the right. ) http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u282/DrRock_2007/Selva045_zps57c8cef5.jpg

Hope to see some of you in Feb in Arabba!

Cheers and well done for being enthusiastic about skiing! It's just the best thing ever....

Fraser
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to snowheads! Very Happy
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Dr Rock, welcome snowHead
I think it's possible to be added to a phonelist? (not sure - admin will know). There's often been a suggested lunchstop, so people can go off in smaller groups and meet back up for lunch.

Quote:

in the same ski area as millions of other Snowheads

we are plentiful, but millions might be a slight overexaggeration.

look for the swarm of skiers wearing the black+yellow sH buffs snowHead
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Dr Rock, thanks for the intro. I'll be at the BB - my first snowheads bash. I'm in my mid 60s, been skiing since I was 40, and do a lot as I have an apartment in the Alps. Quantity rather than quality, that's my skiing! wink I've never been to Arabba and apart from a couple of hours in Cortina, never skied in Italy. I've been learning Italian for 1.5 years though (family connection) so am hoping for a chance to do a bit of practising. I hope they don't all speak fluent English!

This picture of me climbing out of our terrace last season (January) is about as informative as your link. Laughing
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

This picture of me climbing out of our terrace last season (January) is about as informative as your link.

Heh heh, good call Pam!

Here is my unmasked mug, on a rum and chocolate stop at Alta Badia before tackling the Gran Risa Cool

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u282/DrRock_2007/Selva021_zps5677b433.jpg

We like Italy for skiing as it's cheaper than France, Switzerland etc, the food is always great and in the Dolomites the scenery is just spectacular -

Passo Sella looking South in summer:
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u282/DrRock_2007/CC269BF6-7B90-4FD9-BDC7-A2660A61FDC2-3699-00000576E342D4C6.jpg

BTW they speak German in the Sella Ronda region rolling eyes
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Dr Rock wrote:

Also the local language Ladin! Toofy Grin
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Alastair Pink wrote:
Dr Rock wrote:

Also the local language Ladin! Toofy Grin

And Italian Toofy Grin

snowHead
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Don't forget English as well Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy