Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

When's the best time to book a skiing holiday

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi just been reading a topic on paying to much one day and the next the prices have dropped so I would like to go on 26-1-13 or 02-02-13 and will be limited to were I can go as I am on my own
So I have a two places that I have in mind will the price fall or go up is it best to book ASAP or wait in till 2weeks before I go or later
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
In general, the later you leave it the cheaper it is likely to be. BUT there may be less choice as it gets booked up. It's as simple as that.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Beans wrote:
Hi just been reading a topic on paying to much one day and the next the prices have dropped so I would like to go on 26-1-13 or 02-02-13 and will be limited to were I can go as I am on my own
So I have a two places that I have in mind will the price fall or go up is it best to book ASAP or wait in till 2weeks before I go or later

Yes Blush

Seriously, nobody knows. It all depends on demand, and whether they have a surplus getting close to trip time.

One I have been thinking of for 12/1/2012 was at £355 for the package about 3 weeks ago, then went up over the space of a few days to £435, but has now dropped back to £385.

If I wait until after Christmas and demand hasn't been high, then prices will probably be lower, but there will be less choice.

If you are going by yourself, Austria is usually a good choice, because single supplements tend to be lower, or even sometimes non-existent.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
uktrailmonster, I understand that thanks think I see wots going on first week of jan
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
alex_heney wrote:
Beans wrote:

Yes Blush

Seriously, nobody knows. It all depends on demand, and whether they have a surplus getting close to trip time.

One I have been thinking of for 12/1/2012 was at £355 for the package about 3 weeks ago, then went up over the space of a few days to £435, but has now dropped back to £385.

If I wait until after Christmas and demand hasn't been high, then prices will probably be lower, but there will be less choice.

If you are going by yourself, Austria is usually a good choice, because single supplements tend to be lower, or even sometimes non-existent.

Yep both of them are in Austria i will keep a eye on them thanks
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Two weeks before you go and get on the phone, a computer does not have to sell to eat. Problem lots of holidays flights are short. CHANGED

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Sat 15-12-12 1:25; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yer I see wot you mean by that
wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I have kids so always book early (12 months early) to get free kids places. It costs me a small fortune as we have to book school hols and i do see the adult prices drop during the year. However, free kids places are hardly ever available on late deals so it balances out and I can rest knowing my ski hol is booked.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Beans, if there are really only two options which suit you, it's a risk to leave it. Last minute bookings (few days before departure) can be a great deal but you must be very flexible - not deciding on which country, let alone which resort, or which hotel.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
If you're very specific about where you want to go, then book early or you won't get it.

Otherwise, if you're not fussy, a travel agent friend of ours told us to go on the last Friday before Christmas. The agents are all trying to get their figures in for the end of year and they will discount quite reasonably, but throw in lots of extras - last year, we got a week half board on a piste side slope, door to door skiing in La Plagne (see! there's always a downside!) for 100 quid off per person and they gave us lift passes for 60% of normal price, plus we got the 2 x ski carriage for nowt. The downside was that the only places free the week we could go were Zell am Zee or La Plagne. There was one of the teeny austrian resorts available too, but too small for us.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

as I am on my own

why go on your own? Wink snowHead

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=91623

(assume that one still has space)
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy